Overview and Responsibilities
The MTV, VH1 & Logo team is seeking a Manager to join the award-winning team responsible for digital content and social media marketing around their biggest events including the MTV Video Music Awards and Movie & TV Awards. Working under the guidance of Directors on this digital team, this role manages content strategy and content production for smaller-scale specials, and assists with aspects of planning and executing larger tentpole projects - this includes management of social accounts, web and content distribution. They have a hand in creative ideation, content conception, development, production and distribution. The position will require candidates to work interdepartmentally across Marketing, Project Management, Design, Integrated Marketing, Communications, and Video Production.
- Building social/digital plans that ladder up to overall marketing campaign; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporating social plans into overall briefs and documentation.
- Produce forward-thinking social media content including social videos, memes, gifs, etc.
- Generate sponsor and branded content opportunities, working with Integrated Marketing reps to develop and execute.
- Managing day-to-day posting/publishing and fan engagement on social media accounts.
- Maintaining quality content and presentation on web sites and social accounts relevant to their projects.
- Creating and managing holistic schedules and timelines.
- Track metrics and usage patterns on all platforms to improve and maximize streams/views and engagement.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a digital content, marketing or social media-based role
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Passion for MTV, VH1 and Logo brands and deep knowledge of pop culture, movies and music.
- Experience producing and creating content for various platforms; branded content experience a plus.
- Copywriting skills as well as skilled background and understanding of brand tone of voice.
- Command of social media best practices.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office,
- Keynote/Powerpoint, HTML editing tools, video editing, and content management systems.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, HTML, XML, Flash, Adobe and other common web-publishing technologies a plus.