Sporting Kansas City is seeking a creative, strategic and innovative individual who is interested in an opportunity to work within the marketing department of the club. The Social Media Manager will develop a strategy for the club’s digital platforms that includes driving business objectives and increasing brand awareness on a regional and national level. This person should also have a passion for soccer and a proficient understanding of emerging digital trends.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead the Sporting KC social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat, while making decisions that support business goals and the growth of the channels themselves.
- Develop a content strategy for all of the club’s social media platforms including Sporting KC, Children’s Mercy Park, Sporting Style, Victory Project, Sporting KC STMs and Sporting Club Network.
- Compile weekly analytics detailing the performance of various digitalchannels to share with department and club executives.
- Work closely with the creative department to ensure brand guidelines are always met and that content reflects the current campaign.
- Utilize the platforms to share club content, build fan loyalty and drive business objectives.
- Conceptualize and work closely with the marketing team to create original content including photos, videos, animation and graphics for distribution on the team’s social platforms.
- Cover Sporting KC team events, including practices, games, community outreach initiatives and sponsor activations.
- Work closely with the Sporting KC retail department to develop a social media strategy that will showcase new products and increase sales.
- Assist all departments with projects as needed including Community Relations, Marketing, Ticket Sales, Sponsorship, Ownership and Operations.
- Represent Sporting KC in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Have a strong, unique voice on social media.
- Creative mindset.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Ability to organize effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing the digital presence of a brand, sports team or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Sporting KC and MLS preferred.
- Working knowledge of design principles, Photoshop, SEO and SEM principles.
- Excellent organizational, written, interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Interest, experience and ability to negotiate with vendors and partners.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, and handle multiple assignments.
- Proficient in all social media platforms including Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
PHYSICAL ABILITIESThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Will be working in various outdoor weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
- Will be required to do light traveling around the Kansas City area.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Some travel to events around the country may be involved.