Manager, Social Content Producer
Great vacations begin with great employees! Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Manager of Social Content Producer is responsible the development and execution of the social media content strategy for the Royal Caribbean International brand. The Social Content Manager is a creative, forward-thinking team leader who pushes ideas to the next level and thrives on the ideation and execution of creative concepts. This individual is a problem solver that knows every detail of any given team project. This position is responsible for all social content creation activities and manages a team of editors, copywriters, and visual designers.
- Manage and lead all content creation activities for the social content team consisting of copywriters, editors, and visual designers.
- Manage the Social Content team, ensuring leadership, quality of strategic execution and project delivery is provided at all times.
- Manage staff, provide ongoing coaching and feedback and assist in use of personal development plans and periodic performance reviews to meet individual staff goals.
- Create and maintain the content marketing calendar to ensure regular content on social throughout the year to align with business goals.
- Manage entire life cycle of pre-production, production and post production for content shoots. Including itineraries, ship management, external vendors, budget, and agency partners.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to evolve creative concepts into clear sets of deliverables.
- Manage projects to ensure timelines are on track through strong team leadership and project management.
- Collaborate with the strategy team to devise a content strategy that aligns with the company¿s wider goals.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry best practices and monitor content activities of competitors
- Work with Sr. Manager and AVP on the scope of projects (goals, deliverables, schedule, and budget)
- Lead meetings and conference calls, and effectively set up the presentation of creative work
- 5+ years' experience leading a content team or directly related/transferrable experience
- Bachelor's degree in English, marketing or equivalent
- Previous experience managing substantial budgets
- Creative minded individual with an ability to conceive, articulate, and produce innovative ideas for new content
- Has experience project managing and developing project plans with a demonstrated ability to lead a team to produce high quality content at high frequency
- Deep understanding of social networks; previous social experiencepreferred
- Previous experience as an interactive producer preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible attitude toward evolving responsibilities and environments
- Editorial mindset with high attention to detail and an ability to predict audience preferences
- Understanding of management of Statement of Works and Contracts
- Experience with paid and organic social content formats
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Basic understanding of Adobe Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Bridge, After Effects, Lightroom)
- Knowledge of SocialBakers, Curalate, and Brandwatch preferred, but not necessary