Manage the manufacturing operations. Share responsibility for developing, evaluating and improving the key performance indicators for all plant operations. Develops and leads supervisors to achieve the plant and company objectives. Ensures proper use of all human resource systems and adherence to all regulatory requirements placed on the plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Detailed understanding of load, capacity, staffing, and workforce skill sets
- Manage resources in order to meet organizational capacity requirements
- Improve key performance indicators
- Motivate supervisors and associates to meet key indicators
- Address and resolve daily operational/personnel issues including but not limited to, quality, equipment downtime, labor shortages, & availability of material (raw material, tooling, supplies, etc.)
- Assist in administration of wage/performance system
- Encourage strong communications between departments, shifts, and site leaders through shop talks, supervisor meetings
- Assist in hiring, discipline and termination process
- Demonstrate effective leadership in communicating mission, vision and values
- Manage and develop off-shift supervisors
- Demonstrate support for corporate programs through words and actions
- Meet plant operating plan objectives and complying with all regulatory requirements
- Plan future site initiatives
- Resolve shop morale issues
- Administer all Human Resource information systems and policies in a fair and consistent manner
- Serve as the plant representative in meetings, project teams, and general plant operations.
- OEE/CEDAC, SIL, DPS
- Performance Management control
- HR Policies and Conflict Resolution
- Approximate # of direct reports (if applicable) – 6-8
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or a significant amount relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of direct manufacturing and supervisory experience at any level.
- Shop floor manufacturing experience
- Machining Experience
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of the nature of manufacturing plant operations.
- Self-Management: Adaptability, Achievement, and Initiative
- Relationship Management: Conflict Management, Developing Others, Inspirational Leadership, and Change Catalyst
- Self-Awareness: Self Confidence
- Social Awareness: Empathy, Service Orientation, and Organizational Awareness