As Twitter evolves, we need managers to lead the engineering teams that keep our systems reliable and constantly scaling. We believe passion and personality matter; as such, we need leaders that can manage diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing day to day people management with moving the business forward both technically and culturally.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will drive the SRE program for the technical areas under support, working in close collaboration with the appropriate software development leadership and technical leads.
- You will bring a strong perspective and collaborative partnership environment that leads change and motivates engineers to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges.
- You possess the technical experience and hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
- You will mentor the professional development of each SRE by helping them build and execute personal development plans that map to our organization goals. Recruit and hire talented SREs.
- You will give SREs the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of software support, reliability, or operations engineeringexperience.
- You have 4+ years of successful engineering management experience in a technical operations environment: managing a team of at least eight engineers.
- Previous operational responsibility for business critical production systems, in a collaborative business environment (contract operations management or ownership of only lab and test management systems is not sufficient).
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and hyper growth work environment.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management.
- You have the ability to thrive in a high-pressured but highly customer oriented environment.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred