Are you looking to join a fun, fast-growing, and innovative software company in Los Angeles that truly values its employees and their contributions? Chrome River is laser focused on growing our employees - we understand that happy employees make for happy customers.
Come join us at The River!
We are looking for a Site Reliability Manager for our SysOps team with functional knowledge in all areas of technology operations and site reliability. You will fulfill the critical role of ensuring our systems are healthy, monitored, and designed to scale. You will have hands-onexperience in a web-scale leadership role with emphasis on software-as-a-service. You will also haveexperience designing, planning, implementing, tuning and operating technology including application servers, virtual machine & container management, micro-servicearchitectures, clustering technology, configuration management and creative scaling techniques.
What You'll Do
- Meet and beat Key Performance Indicators, SLAs, maintain an error budget and adhere to it
- Ensure the platform holds a high degree of reliability, at least four 9s
- Own technically intricate issues that cross between DevOps, Databases, Networking, Code, Infrastructure and people; drive them to satisfactory completion
- Prepare and present engineering related documents to stakeholders and leadership
- Provide recommendations and feedback in review sessions, design reviews and review sessions
- Conduct performance reviews and assist with their professional development
- Conduct and assist with investigation, test and deployment activities, identify and mitigate risks in development activities
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Minimum of 5 years’ Management experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an engineering role
- Experience with full lifecycle of SaaS implementations as well as Infrastructure as code.
- Excellent follow-up and project management skills
- Proven ability to create and maintain new tools
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent technical skills. Up to 20% of the job will be hands on in a distributed Linux environment
- Strong scripting skills. OOP is a plus
- Liaise between other teams to help prioritize and align priorities
- Experience leading an off shore team