This leadership position leads the central maintenance organization for a world class chemical manufacturing site. The position will coordinate daily activities for maintenance functions associated with planning, scheduling, facility services, site infrastructure programs and daily site maintenance performance. In addition, the role will influence and help develop new site facilities to centralize key maintenance functions. The role combines a manufacturing management function with forward looking objectives to improve overall site maintenance performance. These responsibilities include being a site champion of the maintenance workflow process, and plays a key role in the development & implementation of site wide work processes to optimize delivery of efficient and effective in maintenance to take advantage of the new centralized shops. The incumbent provides leadership for the day to day planning that supports the two Maintenance Execution Managers for the site. This position manages an annual maintenance & program budget of over $30MM and has eight direct reports with a responsibility for 35 LyondellBasell employees and a contractor workforce varying from 130-300 employees.
- Provides site level research and analysis to support and help set the direction for the development of the site’s annual maintenance budget.
- Development, implementation and auditing to assure consistent maintenance cost practices are used site wide.
- Provides corporate reporting and analysis of site assets maintenance performance.
- Development and implementation of maintenance processesin conjunction with the site’s maintenance and reliability managers designed to improve overall efficiency for site.
- Development and consistent reporting of Reliability and Maintenance metrics. Provides analysis and improvement initiatives for common issues across the site.
- Focal point for the execution of the site’s infrastructure programs including CUI, CUF and Paint programs working directly with the Mechanical Integrity leads for the site. Key deliverables for these programs include safety, quality, efficiency, inspectiondue dates, and budget performance targets.
- Development and administration of routine maintenance general contractor and SIPA contractors maintenance service contracts from an operational/implementation perspective.
- Focal point for internal audits for maintenance systems.
- Leadership for internal and external benchmarking programs.
- Act as liaison between manufacturing and other functional groups (IT, material management, legal etc) in the development and implementation of enterprise work processes.
- Provides expert service to manufacturing facilities in execution efficiency monitoring. This includes establishing best in class benchmark targets and recommendations to reach them.
- Steer implementation of best practices within site maintenance to standardize technology across the site and speed technology transfer among areas. Justifies these initiatives with cost/benefit analysis to site management and senior leaders.
- At least 10 years of manufacturing experience including at least 3 years in a management role with an Engineering degree or 15 years of manufacturing experience including at least 3 years in a management without a degree. Past experience in a maintenance position is strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience involving a wide variety of chemical process equipment, hardware, and plant operations.
- Sound working knowledge of company policies, plant operating and maintenance procedures, planning/scheduling, and equipment reliability, SAP, and health, safety, and environmental and insurance provision requirements as related to company activities.
- Strong leadership skills are required for the direction of technical and professional personnel and the coordination of outside services.
- Leadership and management skills to effectively manage budgets, coordinate site wide priorities, and drive improvements.
- Ability to evaluate conflicting information and arrive at a balanced judgment is essential.
- Ability to develop a strategy and collaborate with the other Maintenance Managers to generate improvements.