HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- Multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- Tablets, phablets, notebooks
- Mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
The Manager of the US Shopper Marketing Manager team is a valued part of the US Consumer PS Marketing team and leads the US Shopper Marketing vision, strategy and programs to help drive sales of PS and Print products to and through all of HP’s US Retail and Retail.com (omni-channel) partners. A key component to this role will be utilizing key customer insights to develop and implement marketing programs that create the best possible shopper experiences throughout the “customer journey” / path-to-purchase.
This Marketing leader will guide a team of marketing professionals who develop and implement multi-component, end-end marketing & communications for their specifically named retailer account -- recognizing that each retailer and customer shopper have different needs, priorities, and expectations.
As such, this role and this team partners closely with a variety of internal and customer partner teams, including US PS and Print Marketing, GBUs, Customer Insights, Category, HP Sales, HP Digital Marketing/Omni-Channel and a variety of retailer customer teams. They also partner with and support HP US Sales and Category teams as additional internal constituents. This critical role and team are the “face” of HP Marketing to the retail partner, developing and presenting US Marketing plans and working to activate HP and customer campaigns directly (often arm-in-arm) with the customer.
- Set and drive US Shopper Marketing Vision, Mission, Strategies and necessary program components to enable team to effectively reach target PC shoppers throughout the “customer journey”
- Lead team in activating global and US marketing campaigns at the retail partner level, maximizing use of creative assets developed by WW teams – collaborating with WW and US Marketing teams, Sales, Category and Retail Partners.
- Develop and execute account-specific co-marketing programs to generate product sell-through, aligned with HP’s Reinvent philosophy/approach and the Reinvent brand strategy and identify
- Collaborate with US Marketing team and agencies to develop “local” / US Retail-specific creative assets when necessary that also align to the above.
- Partner closely with, as an extension of, the US Retail Sales account team to fully understand HP’s business objectives within assigned account (s).
- Work closely with Customer Insights team to fully understand or gather unique customer insights as basis for and to integrate into the account marketing plans and programs.
- Identify, recommend and drive innovative, creative and “re-invented” marketing approaches to grow and accelerate revenue generation.
- Measure, analyze, and report on overall account co-marketing program and program components -- to evaluate marketing effectiveness and return on investment.
- Manage multi-million dollar budgets and associated investment priority decisions
- Ensure on-time and effective execution and maintenance of in-store marketing programs, working closely with the shared Merchandising Execution Manager
- Very closely collaborate with the US Print Marketing Retail/e-tail Marketing Team, in development of similar US Shopper Marketing programs designed to drive sales of Print products
- Collaborate with US Extended Sales force teams to plan and execute joint programs, when appropriate
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Marketing or related field, MBA a plus
- 7-10+ years relevant marketing/sales experience (communications agency experience a plus)
- Retail marketing, industry, sales and/or channel experience
- Solid experience in leading retail in-store and retail.com marketing strategies, tactics & best practices
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets and associated investment priority decisions
- Experience with other full marketing mix components – esp. digital marketing
- Proven experience in leading communication teams (internal and agencies) in developing break-through creative.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong leadership, strategic planning, organization, execution and program management skills
- Solid marketing and/or sales experience – preferably retail
- Creative thinking
- Deep and proven experience with digital and social marketing approaches
- Very strong presentation and overall communications skills
- Solid relationship and collaboration skills
- Experience building strong relationships and trust with sales teams and customers
- Ability to link communications plans and activities to business results
- Knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics, and tools
- Experience in developing and driving field adoption of marketing campaigns
- Ability to interface effectively with different levels of management and functional disciplines
- Effective influencing, problem-solving, and consensus-building skills
- Strong analytical / results measurements skills
Job ID 3023749