Reporting to the Director of Shipping Programs, you will be responsible for strategic execution of the buyer experience for eBay and buyer needs for shipping / transportation / logistics. Working closely with carrier management, product and marketing teams – identifying key buyer needs and partnering with cross functional internal stakeholders including legal, finance, accounting, product development and product management to champion those changes and opportunities and identify areas for big change and continuous improvement. Contribute to ongoing activation of Fast, Free and Guaranteed and any relevant future shipping programs.
What you will do
- Provide the business project leadership and bottom-line responsibility for delivering large, complex, cross functional initiatives targeted to improve delivery experience on site
- Identify and champion opportunities to adjust programs and policies that result in better shipping buyer experience / meet buyer expectations.
- Influence the shipping team's immediate and future initiatives roadmap to deliver retail standard shipping experience to eBay buyers – including free shipping, delivery speed, delivery reliability, and late delivery recompense.
- Conduct / commission research that uncovers buyer insights around shipping – wants, pain points, etc.
- Be the voice of the customer and build business cases to improve the program then drive them to implementation.
- Work closely with Finance and Analytics to deep dive on inquiries into program performance and opportunities.
- Partner with shipping product team to prioritize initiatives that contribute to better buyer experience. Advocate for specific features based on seller / business feedback and industry trends.
- Engage internal subject matter experts (individuals or teams) to bring deeper understanding of the needs and challenges faced by buyers; and who help advise on or implement the potential solutions (ie design, trust, buyer experience, etc).
- Collaborate with marketing (strategy and activation) to ensure that retail standard shipping initiatives / programs (Fast, Free & Guaranteed, etc) are included in on-site and off-site messaging.
- Message, socialize and evangelize shipping solutions with cross dependent teams and external communication and social media teams.
Skills and Experience
- Customer focused – you are passionate about advocating for customers
- Data oriented – able to execute queries, work with data to form your business case
- Highly flexible – you are able to switch gears and embrace rapid change
- Solution oriented – you are passionate about solving difficult business problems and telling the story behind the numbers
- Cross-functional and collaborative – you communicate effectively with stakeholders and technology teams
- Hands-on – utilize peers and leadership to effectively, influence best in class performance from suppliers and internal teams
- Naturally inclined to learning new things – you proactively pursue acquiring new knowledge about your work and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience working in transportation and logistics solutions and/or shipping online commerce
- Strong background in analytics with demonstrable experience in ability to utilize research to make data-driven decisions.
- A well-versed understanding of the Shipping experience on eBay both as a buyer and a seller and the pain points involved in international shipping.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and high comfort level presenting to large audiences and senior executives
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment that's going through tremendous growth and shifting priorities.
- eBay site customer (buyer / seller) and familiarity with eBay flows and processes preferred including current shipping programs offered to customers including expected experience versus perceived experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a major educational institution is required. MBA a plus.