The Manager, Shared Services will serve as a day to day single point of contact for assigned practices. They will be responsible for driving and ensuring practice satisfaction and retention across all assigned locations within the specialty and/or region. This role will also coordinate with various functions within the company to ensure practice requests are handled appropriately (i.e. within time and budget), while balancing the business initiatives of the Revenue Cycle division. Key success factor is the ability to build effective relationships, both internally and with the US Oncology Networks, which will result in practice reference ability, high levels of retention and satisfaction and adoption of additional services. The Manager Shared Services will serve as an ambassador to influence practice satisfaction with the services and products of The US Oncology Network.
- Revenue Cycle Support: 80%
- Monitors key metrics and other documentation to effectively manage satisfaction and retention for all practices within scope of responsibility (direct and indirect).
- Follows up on feedback and issues as necessary and initiates/tracks plans for improvement with team members.
- Serves as the liaison between the practice and operations.
- Stays abreast of internal and external industry changes to understand positive or negative impact to the practice.
- Coordinates with Managed Care team on contract renewals, revisions, or termination.
- Identifies process improvement or other efficiencies related to improving satisfaction level.
- Conducts/attends required practice meetings
- Proactively manages and resolves practice issues.
- Drives and delivers business reviews/meetings according to the meeting cadence set by the practice (to include agenda, deliverables, etc.).
- Alerts practice to any changing services, payer changes, (and operation changes when applicable).
- Addresses issues openly and quickly.
- Maintains relationships with key contacts that foster an environment to drive performance and minimize attrition.
- Acts as a trusted advisor for the practice.
- Operations Management: 15%
- Collaborates with operational leaders responsible for revenue cycle functions to ensure operational excellence related to denial management, accounts receivable aging, DSO, (The Network Scorecard goals).
- Collaborates with multiple operational department managers as a support to implementing process improvement initiatives
- Coordinates with other BU success teams: 5%
- Establishes, maintains and coordinates service dialogue between and across The Network business units.
- Builds Collaboration
- Conflict Resolution
- Proactive Approach
- Project Management
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Orientation
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts verbally and in writing
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of management
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to recognize basic procedural issues as they arise and escalate to the appropriate level
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and apply basic concepts in new situations
- Proficient in the latest web technologies and working knowledge of various operating systems
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related is required. Master's Degreepreferred.
- 5+ years of experience
- 3+ years in previous provider management experience within a healthcare environment.
- Previous management experience a plus.