Leads the Depot Repair Technicians group by managing key technical and operational processes, to ensure superior services to our external customers. Responsible for all Depot Repair and Parts Refurbishment activities associated with machine install base (where depot model is followed) and parts returns and repairs including requests for repairs, preventive maintenance and parts returns and repair. Oversight for all Depot Repair and Parts Refurbishment processes and process effectiveness including the usage of Oracle accordingly. Responsible for P&L, performance metrics, operational improvements initiatives and spare parts inventory levels to meet ongoing demands (capacity planning). Ensures maintenance of all necessary business records including service history records, install base updates and employee training records. Responsible for adherence to all elements and requirements of Company’s quality systems. Responsible for all Depot Repair and Parts Refurbishment processes and
• Responsible for managing the Depot Repair process to optimize quality, repair costs availability.
• Responsible for managing the Spare Part returns process to optimize quality, spare part cost and availability.
• Ensure appropriate staffing levels and flexible resource model to support ongoing demands for repairs of devices and parts.
• Hires, trains and supervises repair technicians as well as manages daily operation of center.
• Maintains adequate repair cycle times, parts requirements, operational structure and staffing to minimize both device repair backlog and/or repaired parts availability.
• Responsible for establishing scalable, reliable processes and infrastructure to support long–term objectives. Analyze design of processes, resources and inputs to maximize functional outputs. Recommend alternative approaches to management.
• Responsible for ongoing capacity planning to ensure minimal backlog for repairs, scalable design of operations and cost effectiveness aligned with Company’s budgeting.
• Responsible for adherence to and optimization of standard business processes as defined within SOP and Oracle application.
• Responsible for adherence to all elements of company’s Quality Systems.
• Executes ongoing audits of processes and outputs for quality of work completed (such as SOPs, Repair procedures in accordance with service manuals, Service/repair requests, etc).
• Establishes and maintains rigorous performance metrics including KPI’s.
• Identifies continuous improvement initiatives and leads projects as appropriate.
• Tracks key projects within the Depot to ensure business improvement targets are delivered.
• Controls repair/parts inventory to ensure timely completion of repairs while maintaining low on hand inventory levels.
• Actively partner with interdependent functions such as parts procurement, warehouse, quality and product support functions.
• Responsible for P&L and inventory levels related to Depot.
• Interact with senior management on matters concerning all device availability and/or quality issues globally.
• Provide technical support to 3rd party repair vendors:
◦ Train staff on how to repair Haemonetics machines.
◦ Work with vendor to ensure parts inventory levels are correct to meet repair time frame commitments.
◦ Provide 2nd level technical support to vendor to troubleshoot complex problems.
◦ Work with vendor to ensure parts management for repairs is in place.
Required Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent technical degree
Preferred Master's Degree
Required 5 years Experience in medical device or a related field
Licenses and Certifications:
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability: Minimum requirements:
Required Experience in medical device or a related field