Supervise the day to day operations of the Service Delivery Teams. This individual will implement and update current business processes which will maximize efficiency, productivity and drive the delivery of products, goods and services to our customers in a quality and timely manner. Report on measurement activities.
This position reports to the Operations Director. Works with VP, and Service Delivery Supervisor’s to identify customer escalations. Works closely with the NOC, SDT, SALES, repair and billing to resolve customer’s issues.
Service Delivery Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Overall management of Service Delivery Teams functionality
• Set/assign priorities for the Supervisor’s, SE’s, PC’s and Administrator
• Interview and hire prospective candidates
• Troubleshoot daily trials and obstacles
• Process Compliance
• Personnel Development (sets objectives, document appraisals, salary administration, monitors performance)
• Infrastructure management with Sales and Operations
• Design future processes, define system requirements, and handoffs for functional areas within the Service Delivery division
• Establish measurement criteria for processes so that we can continuously improve, by assessing weak points, measuring progress and adjust to the changing needs of the business
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
(A) BS/BA or equivalent work experience, prefer telecommunications or engineering degrees and
(B) 7-10 years telecommunications industry (recommended)
(C) 10 years experience in supervision or management
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Computer literate, MS Windows, Word, Excel, general computer knowledge
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written & oral communication and organization skills
• Superior level of customer service skills
• Good interpersonal people skills
• Working knowledge on managing people
• High proficiency in telecommunications including local service (dial tone) special access, long distance, data networking, and PBX/key systems in both residential and large business services
• Supervisory skills
• Demonstrates flexibility in any work environment
• Working knowledge of central office switch and transmission equipment
• Must be proficient and fluent in the English language
• Must have the ability to regularly communicate in a manner that is respectful, professional and
• Willing to carry a pager and cell phone.
• High-stress environment.
• Possible late hours or weekends may be required
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Job Tracking ID: 3642