PURPOSE: The IT Manager of Service delivery is responsible for the IT Service Desk, Desktop Services and Security remediation for devices. The Service Desk Manager will assist in establishing service objectives, provide technicians with opportunities to expand their knowledge of services, products, and troubleshooting techniques, analyze call center data, increase self-service knowledge base and focus on improving performance & processes to better support customers. The position oversees a work-force of eight employees’ and 3rd party IT vendors/Managed Services. The role is part of the IT management team and reports to the Director of IT for America’s Service Delivery.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Manage Service Desk function – includes intake, prioritization, and response to all incident/change requests. These duties also include operating our IT service management processes (incident, change), our ITSM tools, and call reporting metrics.
- Oversee Desktop Services – includes End User Computing (EUC) hardware (desktop, laptop, tablet, MFP/printer, smart phones) and associated software (PC images, office productivity, business applications, etc.).These duties also include new deployments/releases, upgrades, relocations, security patching, and maintenance/repairs.
- Perform Security/risk mitigation activities – includes ensuring End Users have the appropriate tools, patched software and follow our IT security policies.
- Oversee EUC projects – includes hardware/software life-cycle refreshes and the associated project admin duties (managing budget, milestones/plans, resources, risks, status reporting).
- Execute procurement/contract activities – solicitations/RFP, alternative bid/pricing, software licensing, vendor professional services contracts and statement-of-work
- Manages corporate resources in a cost effective manner. Hires and develops staff and contractors. Assigns personnel to various projects and directs activities. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports. Mentors subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Collaborate with other groups and 3rd parties to ensure service delivery excellence. Some examples are: Managed Patching, Manager Tier 1 Service Desk and PC deployment.
- Oversee the incidents, problems, change and requests. Manage and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues become the incident manager in major incidents. Act as escalation point for all incidents and requests. Develop and mature phone & email ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Maintain ongoing communication of incident updates to customers provided by 2nd and 3rd line support teams
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to Management and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive Ticket and develop strategies for improvement. Work to make Service Desk the single source of service delivery channel for the company. Monitor and manage phone & email queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Participates in strategic planning and is charged with implementing the plan, as it pertains to Service Desk operations. Establishes policies, procedures and standards in support of the corporate mission.
- Oversee Solutions repository/ self-service knowledge base in ITSM and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff & users. Develops Service and Operational Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective and workable ITIL framework for managing and improving customer support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- College diploma/degree (either BS or BA), preferably in computer science or information technology
- 5+ years’ experience with managing an IT Service Desk function (tickets, incident/change processes, etc) with alarge, global enterprise.
- Knowledge of IT service management processes & practices (ITIL, ITSM). Certification a plus
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: ITIL, HDI or Microsoft MCSE
- Experience in running End-User systems (hardware, operating systems, productivity applications)
- Proficiency with application support (business applications, database systems, office productivity suite)
- Strong customer-service skills, a good communicator at all levels, both verbally and written
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Experience motivating and directing workforce (employee, consultants)
- Exhibit skills in managing budgets (operating expenses, capital) and the administrative duties
- Demonstrate experience with coordinating vendor contracts, bid/solicitation, SOW, etc
- Experience in leading projects thru it’s life-cycle (plan-exec) and the admin duties (reporting, etc)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment