• Manages the activities of an assigned Dignity Health Information Technology process including designated projects or programs, which includes planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluating programs, projects, processes, procedures, systems, standards, and/or service offerings. Ensures compliance with Dignity Health policies/procedures and applicable Federal, state, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.
• Supervises staff including prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
• Serves as a liaison with internal departments, executives, external organizations and public representatives. Represents the organization at a variety of meetings, public events, on committees, and/or other related events regarding services, programs, projects and facilities.
• Prepares, reviews, interprets, and analyzes a variety of information, data, and reports. Recommends and implements tactical procedures to improve operational effectiveness and enhancements to services or programs.
• Tracks assigned budget and resources and provides input to the annual budget development process. Prepares cost estimates and budget recommendations. Monitors expenditures.
• Assists in planning and the development of short term goals. Coordinates operational and program efforts in alignment with goals and objectives related to assigned area of responsibility.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field or Equivalent Professional Experiencerequired
3 years Information Systems in a Healthcare Setting required
- 3 years’ experience supporting Server Automation (Server Monitoring) – Required
3 years’ advanced experience supporting a Windows SCCM enterprise environment – Required
- 3 years’ experience working with Micro-Focus Site Scope or SCOM or other monitoring solution.
- 2 years’ Infrastructure Leadership Experience - required
- 2 Years’ experience providing advanced technical knowledge, configuration and troubleshooting of specialized applications in an enterprise operational environment - Required
- SCCM Experience / Site Scope or SCOM Experience
- Experience managing a large team preferred
- Experience developing or supporting Information Systems or technologiespreferred
- Crucial Conversations Training
- Knowledge of the Information Systems Life Cycle preferred