Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
Salesforce.com is looking for a talented and dynamic Manager / Senior Manager for our Finance Compliance department. This role will will support the company’s growth and ongoing compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and assist in managing the day to day operations of this global effort. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong initiative and be able to lead in an environment that places a premium on succeeding and improving as a team. Furthermore, this position requires an individual who can effectively partner with business process owners, communicate with all levels of the organization, influence others, and keep up with the fast paced and ever-changing environment at Salesforce. We are looking for a candidate who will help drive continuous improvement of our controls and strengthen our financial risk management framework.
Key areas of experience include understanding business processes and risks that impact financial reporting, evaluating and consulting in the design of controls, design and review of testing procedures, and ensuring effective and timely remediation of control failures. This position helps drive continuous improvement of our internal controls by providing superior compliance service to all departments throughout the Company’s global operations. The Company’s management does not take a “check-the-box” approach when it comes to SOX requirements and this role is expected to drive change, think independently, articulate positions, and recommend improvements.
- Manage the day-to-day operations associated with the execution of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program for a multi-billion dollar global organization including scoping, process documentation, risk assessments, control design, control testing, deficiency remediation, deficiency sizing, and working with the external auditors.
- Assist in ongoing assessments of the internal control environment to ensure the Company has the right set of controls for the Company’s size, including mix between manual and automated.
- Assess and make recommendations/suggestions regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls across the global business operations of Salesforce.
- Contribute ideas to improve effectiveness and scalability of compliance activities.
- Keep abreast of SEC, PCAOB, and other regulatory guidance as it pertains to SOX and financial compliance requirements and maintain dialogue with industry colleagues and professional associations to understand trends and best practices that will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our SOX compliance program.
- Build strong relationships with business partners and proactively engage with stakeholders to foster partnerships, achieve alignment, and effectively address issues.
- Manage ongoing and special projects as they arise, including identifying objectives, scope, approach, and deliverables as well as managing colleagues and outside consultants.
- Mentor and coach team members to support continued career growth and the achievement of each team members’ full potential.
- Be able to define complex issues and a path to success despite instances where information is incomplete or ambiguous.
- Build and cultivate a relationship of trust, mutual respect, and teamwork with our compliance team, relevant departments, and executives. This includes individuals throughout our global offices, IT personnel, and external auditors.
- Initiate decisive, timely action to address important issues and face challenges head on, balancing analysis with speed to implementation.
- Build credibility and follow through in driving for solutions which are value-add
- Engage in our Company's culture of collaboration and teamwork by fostering relationships with fellow Finance Compliance colleagues, departmental management, and executives.
- Embrace the Salesforce culture of improving our society by participating in volunteer activities whereby Salesforce contributes 1 percent of employees’ time in donated services to communities around the world.
- Develop and assist in delivery of executive reporting.
- Perform budget and resource planning.
- Bachelor's degree and CPA designation
- 4+ years of experience in Big 4 public accounting serving public clients
- Proficiency in financial accounting and audit, as well as the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 and Auditing Standard No. 5, including documentation and testing
- Proficiency in understanding Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards.
- Expertise in financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminology (e.g. COSO)
- Proficiency in using disciplined approaches to drive completion of tasks within a highly complex environment with multiple team members and multiple work streams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Ability to develop clear and professional presentations
- Executive presence and ability to interact at senior management levels
- Ability to think strategically and scale the SOX program with the growth of Salesforce
- Strong communication skills including presentation, written and oral
- Ability to succeed through teamwork, listening, and proposing with confidence and respect vs. imposing through power and authority alone
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Suite Apps
- A “can-do” spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and a premium on team success
Although the following are not required, they are considered a significant plus for this role:
- In addition to Big 4 experience, the ideal candidate would have additional experience in the areas of financial accounting, closing the books, SEC reporting, and/or business operations.
- Experience in the cloud computing and enterprise software industry
Ability to participate in global and domestic travel