The Manager – Security Training designs, develops and implements enterprise aligned onboarding and training plans and programs to ensure MSG's physical security teams maintain proficiency during all essential job functions. At full scope, the Manager will continually audit existing protocols, processes, to identify and develop training programs to ensure operational efficiency, alignment, and the implementation of best practices across the enterprise. This role must use their analytical and organizational skills to support the execution of security processes as well as facilitate tailored training programs. This role will also utilize their project management experience to coordinate and/or support cross-functional programs and projects related to security operations, security-related training programs and advanced security training
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Improve, align, and maintain onboarding and training programs for MSG full time employees and contract security officers across the enterprise
- Communicate critical feedback and best practices from all venue managers and MSG management
- Create and design content for bot online and in-person sessions that will be utilized in a training curriculum for new protocols, protocol updates, new technology, feature enhancements and Standard Operating Procedures
- Regularly review training documentation, post orders, protocols and SOPs
- Deep understanding and ability to influence the creation of quality metrics
- Certify MSG security staff to perform x-ray and magnetometer screening.
- Train MSG security staff on all aspects of security checkpoint operations/access control.
- Implement and evaluate security screening training programs at all MSG Venues in coordination with Venue Security and MSG training.
- Record data of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Revise and modify related training programs as needed.
- Manage reporting and documentation of all related-training events and provide monthly and annual metrics.
- Work effectively with venue security management teams for scheduling and coordination of training events.
- Maintain compliance of training records and certifications.
- Maintain compliance with all federal/state/local/company/client expectations and regulations.
- Advanced degree in Homeland Security, Education, Business Administration or similarly applicable field
- The ideal candidate will have a current Federal Protective Service National Weapons Detection Training Program (NWDTP) Instructor Certification.
- The ideal candidate will be a certified bomb technician through the FBI/Army Hazardous Device School or have attended Bost Blast Certification.
- At least 5 years of experience in law enforcement or the military and preferably in Explosive ordinance disposal (EOD) or in an agency wide training capacity.
- Expert knowledge of threat tactics, techniques and procedures used to avoid screening detection.
- Fully knowledgeable and experience with security checkpoint operations.
- Prior experience with access control techniques for security screening large numbers of people in a time sensitive environment.
- Certified instructor for Magnetometers (Garrett) and/or security screening X-ray Machines (Voti).
- Demonstrated facilitator training experience in both a classroom and field environment.
- Demonstrated experience with planning training sessions, developing content and curriculum, and training aids and materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and evaluate security screening training programs.
- Proven ability to develop reports, training records and certifications.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.