- Manage and coordinate the operational security and life safety program, including allocation of required resources and the implementation and monitoring of work schedules/duties in accordance with legislative, company and operational requirements/standards.
- Manage the property fire & life safety program and ensure applicable legislative, industry and company standards are maintained.
- Manage the occupational health & safety (OH&S) program and ensure applicable OH&S legislative codes and company standards are maintained.
- Chair Joint Health & Safety Committee (JH&SC) and ensure occupational health and safety is prioritized and effectively practiced throughout all areas of the workplace.
- Implement and maintain a program of regular inspections and risk assessments in common areas, work areas and tenant leased premises for the purposes of identifying and correcting hazardous, unsafe working conditions.
- Manage emergency response and business continuity program including preparation and upkeep of Emergency Response Plan (ERP), Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Fire Safety Evacuation Plans in support of an effective and sustained response effort in emergencies.
- Manage crisis communications to support the timely and effective notification of applicable stakeholders in emergencies.
- Ensure company emergency management standards are maintained including: conduct of tenants and suppliers, Security/Life Safety and Property staff training; ERP & BCP plans/processes; Monthly/Annual Emergency Drills; Post-incident debriefs; Emergency Notifications System(s), and; the Emergency Response Line (ERL) process
- Manage a security incident reporting process and ensure that relevant security incident data is captured, reported and analyzed to provide an accurate picture of security incident patterns.
- Manage electronic security systems and technology and ensure systems are operated, monitored and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s and operational guidelines.
- Manage a physical security program and ensure that access control is maintained and security measures effectively deter, delay, control and/or respond to a wide range of securitythreats.
- Respond to calls for service and security-related incidents as required, and conduct other operational duties as assigned by the General Manager (or designate)
- Prepare and administer Security and Life Safety Department operating and capital budgets and coordinate associated financialforecasting and reporting. Optimize revenues and expenditures to leverage maximum value from the security and life safety investment.
- A minimum of 7 years working in a commercial real estate security environment, ideally in positions of increasing responsibility – or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years of security management experience, ideally at a property or properties of complex scope (i.e. large, mixed-use facility) – or equivalent work experience
- Community college diploma (or equivalent business management qualification) in Security/Life Safety, Risk Management or Criminology-related discipline is preferred
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Gmail
- Some knowledge of Security and Life Safety technology (i.e. CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm, Intrusion) and othersecurity-related systems
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, provincial and municipal legislation and regulations in the area of Security and Life Safety management
- Sound knowledge of industry techniques and emergent trends in Security and Life Safety management, as well as Risk Management and Crime Prevention
- Ability to work in a unionized environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealings at all levels of the organization