Ensuring Chart’s Success…
Chart Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: GTLS) is a leading diversified global manufacturer of highly engineered equipment for the industrial gas, energy, and biomedical industries. Our equipment and engineered systems are primarily used for low-temperature and cryogenic applications utilizing our expertise in cryogenic systems and equipment which operate at low temperatures sometimes approaching absolute zero (0 Kelvin; -273° Centigrade; -459° Fahrenheit). We have domestic operations located across the United States, including principal executive offices located in Georgia, and an international presence in Asia, Australia, Europe, and Latin America.
Chart is looking for a talented leader to play a key role in our corporate accounting department. This is a high visibility role with significant growth opportunities within the corporate reporting and accounting team.
The role will interface with our corporate finance and consolidations teams, along with our global finance teams supporting our segments and divisions.
The ideal candidate has a strong GAAP foundation, including financialreporting and technical accounting experience, as well as a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills, the desire to drive change and process improvement, and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be…
- Manage the financialreporting activities of Chart including the preparation, review and filing of periodic SEC forms, including Forms 10-Q and 10-K, exhibits in the Annual Proxy, earnings releases and 8-Ks.
- Prepare footnotes, MD&A, analysis and other supporting documentation including GAAP checklists and financial statement tie-outs.
- Own and prepare calculations, entries, reports and/or memos for certain accounting topics including, but not limited to, share-based compensation, earnings per share, debt instruments, pensions, business combinations, asset impairment testing including goodwill and intangible assets, and segment reporting.
- Oversee global statutory reporting matters and prepare annual financial statements and audit workpapers for two foreign-based corporate subsidiaries.
- Lead and direct the work of a staff accountant/analyst.
- Service as key contact for worldwide accounting and finance organization to research and document conclusions on technical accounting matters.
- Research new and upcoming GAAP requirements and document technical GAAP positions, including the impact on Chart.
- Support the Director of Accounting and Reporting to create and update accounting policies and train accountants at corporate and the divisions on consistent application.
- Lead coordination of the audit with external auditors.
- Own certain corporate balance sheet accounts.
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects, as requested.
Your Professional Experience Should Be…
- 6 or more years of public accounting or industry financialreporting (or combination).
- Technical accounting research and new accounting pronouncements implementation experiencerequired.
- Prior SEC experience and/or Big Four/large to midsize public accounting firm experiencerequired.
- Prior supervision of staff required.
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk SEC reporting application preferred.
- International accounting experiencepreferred.
- Manufacturing accounting experiencepreferred.
Your Education Should Be…
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4-year college or university is required.
- Master’s degreepreferred.
Your Physical Work Environment Will Require…
- Lift up to 15 pounds.
- Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, other related tasks in an office setting.