The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
Do you enjoy the challenge of getting to build something from the ground up? Have you found you thrive in an environment where there are grey areas and you can help uncover the best path forward? If your answer is a resounding "yes" to these questions, then you will find yourself right at home in Hilton's media center of excellence (COE) as the Manager, Search Engine Optimization. Our new COE is charged with providing our Brand Marketing teams with expertise in media which includes working with and leading the media/digital agency relationships, working across all digitalchannels (i.e. search engine marketing, programmatic display advertising, social media, affiliate marketing) and other online marketing activities.
As the Search Optimization Manager, you will be responsible for the identification, development and management of organic search strategies that will elevate Hilton’s online visibility and directly drive or influence bookings and non-room revenue for our hotels across the globe. You will work in close partnership with internal and external partners to implement strategic recommendations. You will also execute against appropriate Key Performance Indicators as well as monitoring and analyzing performance.
More specifically, you will:
- Craft and implement the organic search strategy for multiple brands to achieve customer acquisition goals.
- Collaborate and provide ongoing SEO consultations and strategic insight to key business units within Hilton.
- Handle the optimization and sharing of digital knowledge about our hotels (name, address, phone number, social accounts, amenities and services, official photos, descriptions, etc.) in order to grow brand awareness and improve the customer experience.
- Work in partnership with Technical SEO leads to identify and handle opportunities and challenges that can impact rankings.
- Build enterprise knowledge and evangelize SEO standard methodologies to partners throughout the organization.
- Monitor industry activities, ambitious trends – both inside and outside of the travel industry – and develop ambitious benchmarking analyses.
- Review monthly program performance reports, analyze and communicate results to appropriate partners; make recommendations for key areas of improvement.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starter with superb presentation and strong communication skills, with the proficiency to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing
- Be organized, ambitious, flexible, and self-aware individual with strong social interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in analyzing website performance data (i.e. financial, statistical and/or performance), and the ability to translate data into action
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to effectively address any problems in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to enthusiastically identify and prevent potential problems
- Work well under tight deadlines and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Work independently; includes ability to recognize need for involvement of other teams/peers and capability to build relationships to facilitate that collaboration
- Collaborate with others and act in an objective manner to stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals
- Working within a complex matrixed organization, influencing both external and internal partners not versed in technical solutions
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five to seven (5-7) years of professional experience
- Three (3) years of SEO experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience in social, PPC, email, marketing automation and other digital marketing disciplines
- International SEO for large scale websites or leading a number of enterprise-level or multiple brand sites under one dynamic corporate umbrella
- Knowledge of leading SEO in revenue driving eCommerce environments
- Have worked with a wide set of SEO-related tools