$150K — $200K *
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
This role works out of our Headquarters in Redwood City, CA.
Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic Guardant Health has temporarily classified this role as ‘working from home status’, scheduled to return onsite at HQ when it is determined safe to do so.
Guardant's Molecular Residual Disease (MRD) program is applying cutting-edge methods in next-generation sequencing (NGS) to develop blood-based, non-invasive approaches to detect early stage cancer recurrence using a variety of genomic and epigenomic markers. As a manager within the MRD team, you'll be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of bioinformaticians and software engineers dedicated to building the tools necessary to develop and operationalize clinical-grade assays. Consequently, the ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in bioinformatics principles and a background leading groups responsible for delivering documented, tested, clinical biotech production software.
Your team will be a key part of the MRD program, working closely and collecting requirements from multiple functional teams, including laboratory and data scientists, enterprise software staff, and quality and regulatory personnel, providing excellent opportunities to interact with and learn from a large number of specialists. You’ll be responsible for designing and architecting state of the art software solutions, and presenting plans, progress, and finished products to a diverse audience.
Guardant’s Molecular Residual Disease program seeks to leverage our leadership in the field of liquid biopsy to address a core unmet need in clinical cancer care. Its success is being driven by highly-motivated experts such as yourself, passionate about the potential to revolutionize the field of cancer diagnosis and management thus saving patient lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead a diverse group of talented scientists and engineers to achieve the common goal of delivering quality software in regulated environments
* Mentor, train, and develop talent within the scientific software team
* Work with users, teams, and product managers to gather and refine requirements and support deployed applications
* Define system and subsystem micro-service based architectures
* Maintain and extend the applications RESTful web service / APIs in Python
* Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services, preferably in a regulated environment such as IVD or CLIA.
* Evaluate, test, and use open-source software and applications
* Work on all aspects of software development in an agile environment including documentation, design, development, and testing of features and sub-systems.
* M.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
* 5+ years experience developing software in production environment including 2+ years leading teams and mentoring employees of diverse computational skill sets
* Expert understanding of Python and relational databases such as postgres (knowledge of C++ and R a plus)
* Advanced knowledge of Django and DRF
* Demonstrated expert knowledge using object-oriented programming and design patterns in production environments
* Effective communicator with written and verbal fluency in English
* Detail oriented with an initiative to drive tasks to completion
* Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Valid through: 4/2/2021
$80K — $100K
4 days ago