Req Id 62904
This position manages a global team of highly effective functional developers to provide daily operational support as well as solution implementation for enhancements and projects. Additionally, this position will also work closelywith the Architecture and Business Solution groups to provide consultation for current and emerging SAPtechnologies.
- Providing accountability to deliver solutions and acting as key liaison from Business Solutions groups and SAP development teams.
- Working with Business Solution groups to understand needs and prioritization of SAP demands.
- Providing technical leadership and management to establish best practices for delivery of high quality, scalable solutions for functional development team.
- Manage day-to-day functional development team and escalations from Business Solutions groups.
- Contribute to IT cost awareness and transparency.
- Supportbudget management including reporting and forecasting.
- Operational excellence:
- Work with Application Operation teams to manage solution release to production.
- Demonstrate leadership and technical expertise in helping team members overcome obstacles.
- Interact regularly with Management to communicate status on milestones and impacts of technical hurdles.
- Play an active role in team and company-wide architecture discussions.
- Address business opportunities through the best combination of SAP applications and other software production and development techniques.
- Service delivery:
- Accurately estimate development time and coordinate/develop work and project plans.
- Deliver all projects consistent with committed dates, budget and scope.
- Lead Development team through builds, migrations, and rollouts of large software releases.
- Adhere to release/project schedule and milestones.
- Help project team with analyzing system development opportunities by gathering data, reviewing company operations, evaluating alternative
methods and preparing time estimates according to project guidelines.
- Work with project leader to keep projects on schedule and recommend
needed action to meet deadlines.
- Effectively interact with all IT staff members and business community, including programming staff, end-users, business leaders and
- Organizational leadership:
- Build and manage global functional development teams by attracting
- Fulfill role of mentor with junior developers and support staff
- Assists management with developing and qualifying staffing plans
- Fosters a culture of safety.
Must have experience and understanding in the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering or other technical related field.
- Minimum 10 years of leadership responsibility managing medium to large internationally distributed development teams preferred.
- Experience managing teams of 15+ FTEs and oversight of 30+ (employees, contractors and consultants) preferred.
- Experience large SAP ERP global rollouts required.
- Solid knowledge in SAP, specifically FICO, HR and Procurement related modules required.
- Ability to create and meet timelines cognizant of business needs and constraints.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Highly self-motivated, driven work ethic, keen attention to detail and exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in an understandable manner to non-technical audiences through writing and presentations.
- Work experience reflects a progression of increasing responsibility into technical and leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experiencewith mentoring others on methods and best-practices.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and handle multiple issues at once.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to perform complex system analysis and draw conclusions by relating information from different sources, including root-cause analysis and issue resolution.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Chemical/Energy industry background is a plus.
- Ensures that system reliability is maintained. Ensures that the IT enhancements and project demands are assigned are completed successfully and deliver the anticipated results.
- Ensures development lifecycle and controls processes are followed and makes improvements to increase efficiencies.
- Drives standardization and proactively recommends improvements.
- Cultivate high morale, teamwork and effective empowerment as main goals for achieving productivity