SAP Finance Manager – Application Management Services
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Are you looking for a career trajectory that few other organizations can offer in SAP? What about access to a high-quality portfolio of businesses and clients with opportunities to work across capabilities, industries, and geographies – in roles and on projects aligned with your SAP Finance skills? If this matches your interests and aspirations Deloitte may be right for you.
Work you’ll do
- Sell and Deliver Finance projects
- Lead and support Finance pursuits and practice development initiatives
- Develop external eminence across the sub-capabilities in Finance
- Promote and participate in forums for sharing Finance expertise, strengthening Deloitte’s collective Finance knowledge and helping resolve our clients’ Finance challenges
- Collaborate on innovative solutions to support the future of Finance
- Develop your knowledge of and gain project experience in SAP’s new S/4HANA Finance and future solutions
Our Finance Capability aligns to various SAP products in the marketplace. These solutions address the following business process areas:
- Core Finance – General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Controlling, Costing, Treasury, Order to Cash
- Enterprise Performance Management Solutions – BPC, Cloud for Planning, OTC
- Financial Reporting
The full potential of SAP solutions isn't just about technology, it's also about driving sustainable business value. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our SAP specialists deliver the technology and services to help our clients meet business performance goals and improve processes. As an SAP Global Partner we provide a broad range of consulting services, from HR, CRM and supply chain to finance transformation. Learn more about our SAP practice
- Functional/technical proficiency with at least 4+ full lifecycle SAP implementations and 8+ years of industry and/or consulting experience
- At least 8 years of SAP experience implementing SAP Finance / OTC
- Experience defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Adept at designing and implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team and as a team lead or Project Manager on at least 3+ full cycle implementations
- Able to collaborate with clients, identify engagement follow-on opportunities and have a strong desire to excel and be committed to gaining exposure to multiple industries while further developing your career
- Strong current hands-on configuration and design skills
- Ability to travel 80-100% is REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Master’s degree preferred
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients . By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Our service lines include:
- Technology Strategy & Architecture
- Information Management
- SAP Package Technologies
- Oracle Package Technologies
- Distinct Package Technologies
- Systems Integration
- Application Management Services: Provide complete production application support and continuous improvement services for custom and COTS (largely ERP) applications. Develop the post implementation go-live support environment, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client applications and technology infrastructure.
About Application Management Services
Deloitte Consulting's Applications Management Services (AMS) practice leverages extensive experience in enterprise application implementations, custom development and system integration projects. Deloitte has implemented hundreds of SAP, Oracle, and custom applications. Building on this strong legacy, our AMS practice includes professionals who are responsible for maintaining and continuously improving client applications and technology infrastructure.
Managers with Application Management Systems group will manage and deliver client outsourcing engagements. This position requires 40% sales and 60% delivery.
Application Management Delivery and/or Functional/Technical experience in Oracle, SAP or custom application systems is preferred. Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: managing engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defines deliverable content, ensures buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Business Development: develops and maintains contact with top decision makers at key clients, organizes and leads pursuit teams, participating and leading aspects of the proposal development process, contributes to proposal pricing strategy.
- Practice Development & Eminence: development of solutions and methodologies, development of "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents, public speaking and publication in industry periodicals.
- People Development: performs role of counselor and coach, provides input and guidance into the firms staffing process, and actively participates in staff recruitment and retention activities.
- Managers exhibit proven application management delivery experience
- Managers in AMS group will manage and deliver client outsourcing engagements. This position requires 40% sales and 60% delivery.
- Seven or more year's relevant industry or consulting experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Extensive travel is required.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte AMS, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Link