$100K — $150K *
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
This role is responsible for managing sales and use tax audits, providing tax technical support to the Company’s operations and assisting with various process improvements that enhance the Company’s sales and use tax function and mitigate risk. A successful candidate will have a forward thinking vision and the ability to work with multiple business partners to achieve results. This role reports directly to Sales Tax Director but will work closely with all members of the Sales Tax Team and will routinely interact with all levels within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage coordination and resolution of sales and use tax audits
• Proactive research and planning to minimize the Company’s sales tax liabilities, including
o Review of proposed and enacted legislation
o Quantification of impact to Compass
o Summarizing tax law developments and communication to corporate and field management to ensure compliance
o Participation in implementation of process improvements
o Research, document and resolve specific issues related to return positions, audit positions and field inquiries
• Mentor and assist in the development of tax staff
• Assist in the due diligence and integration of newly acquired business
• Work with external advisors on special projects as needed
• Other projects as assigned
• B.S. Accounting or Tax required; Graduate degree preferred
• CPA or CMI preferred
• 8 years of sales tax experience within public accounting or industry – multi-corporate/multi-state, preferably in foodservice industry
• 1-3 years management experience
• Excellent analytical and technical skills with strong attention to detail
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally and influence/lead change where no direct authority exists
• Excellent oral and written communication skills needed to communicate with all levels within the organization
• Strong presentation skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Proficiency with SAP preferred
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Valid through: 2/22/2021