Who we want
What you will do
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes - finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Self-directed initiators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
Stryker Sage is looking for a dynamic individual to lead and manage the Sales Training Team. The Sales Training Manager develops, plans, executes, and facilitates training on Sage's products and sales processes for the primary audience of sales representatives. The job requires extensive collaboration with sales, marketing, and functional partners to align on overall strategy and design of training programs and resources. High-level training responsibilities include new hire training, product launch training, comprehensive salesforce development, and the Certified Field Trainer program. The Sales Training Manager monitors and evaluates programs, obtains ongoing feedback, assesses results, and implements enhancements and/or new programs, as needed, to drive elevated sales performance.
What you need
- Develop and administer training (both virtually and in-person) for the sales force to meet sales and corporate needs
- Lead and manage Sales Training department to maximize training alignment and professional growth of team
- Manage Certified Field Trainer (CFT) program through deliberate interactions with the CFTs, and sales leadership
- Engage with field sales through formal Field Work Withs to continue to develop our sales force and identify current and relevant training needs/trends
- Partner with NPD and Marketing stakeholders to execute new product introduction training courses and update existing product offerings, as necessary
- Maintain documentation, provide coaching, and communicate progress to management for new sales representatives
- Ideate and collaborate with marketing and sales for the development of sales offense/strategy
- Produce and utilize measurement/assessment tools to indicate performance, determine effectiveness, and inform improvements
- Perform cost analysis of training methodologies (labor, equipment, travel, planning, development, and materials)
- Partner with sales and sales leadership for collaborative opportunities, benchmarking, and best practices
- Monitor training fulfillment and engage with sales representatives and management to complete training requirements
- Create and curate meaningful on-demand training content online to both new and tenured sales representatives
- Give leadership and facilitate National Sales Meetings workshops (including Mid-year)
- Perform other related duties as required
What We Offer
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related discipline required
- 8+ years of work experience required
- 5+ years medical device or marketing/sales experience preferred
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred
- Sustained sales success in previous sales role and belief in selling methodology
- Demonstrated presentation creation and delivery skills
- Thorough knowledge of company products, technology, business segment and sales channels
- Demonstrated ability to develop both internal and external long-term customer relationships
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven skills in working independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills inclusive of the ability to work effectively with small groups while under pressure to meet tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with management as well as cross-functional and cross-company representatives
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
Learn more about Stryker: