What Sales Training & Effectiveness contributes to Cardinal Health
Sales Training and Effectiveness is responsible for developing, designing and delivering sales training, as well as evaluating the effectiveness of training initiatives. Goal is to improve knowledge and competencies around the execution of segment, business unit and sales team objectives, to improve sales and negotiation skills, sales leadership, sales process, and sales automation adoption and to increase sales effectiveness and high impact results.
The Sales Leadership Training Manager role is responsible for providing training and development to support sales leadership through one-on-one coaching, and creating, implementing and facilitating blended learning solutions focused on leadership skill growth and development. Oversees development of people management skills of high potential sales consultants who aspire to manage a sales team.
- Assesses knowledge, skills, and needs of the sales leaders in the sales organization.
- Provides feedback and coaching to sales leaders on management and leadership behaviors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sales leadership principles and team development.
- Recognizes and identifies key impacts, methods, and measures to improve sales leadership, resulting in improved sales performance.
- Stays current on management theory and practices
- Focuses on the global needs of the sales force, with specific attention on the sales management role.
Accountabilities in this role:
- Partners with stakeholders to design and deliver blended learning solutions (subject matter experts, instructional design and development resources, facilitators, etc.)
- Facilitates instructor-led and virtual training, demonstrating effective use of presentation and facilitation tools, techniques, and materials, etc.
- Serves as a people leader development thought leader, creating innovative solutions and sharing best practices with others
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, needs assessment, and instructional design theory
- Establishes ongoing relationships with business leaders to proactively identify performance gaps, recommend learning solutions, influence decision making, build and implement experiences that drive outcomes
- Manages leadership development programs (Sales Manager Boot Camp, Exploring Sales Manager Path, Exploring Regional Sales Director Path)
- Provides input during talent development discussions/meetings
- Adapts to changing business needs
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- At least 8 years of direct, people leader experience to include:
- Talent acquisition
- New hire on-boarding
- Coaching and development
- Setting goals/expectations
- Performance reviews
- Performance improvement plans, corrective action, firing
- CAH sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have advanced training, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills in coaching and mentoring others.
- Coaching experience/certification, preferred.
- Requires approximately 50% travel.
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.