The Manager, Learning & Development works closely with the Sales Enablement Learning & Development Director to manage training programs from design through to facilitation. This individual designs, develops, project manages, and implements comprehensive sales training plans that support the sales objectives and strategies of the sales organization, including innovative learning initiatives. Responsible for the development, training, and education of sales- related training initiatives in alignment with key business strategies. The Learning & Development Manager utilizes the full spectrum of the instructional design process including needs analysis, solution design, implementation, and evaluation. Another key responsibility of this role is centralizing processes and policies that require consistency to increase the efficiency of the entire L&D team across divisions and geographies.
- Workforce Planning – Prioritizes process to ensure the Sales Talent Learning & Development team is focused on the most business-critical activities and alleviates overlap of efforts. Plans program schedules and execution of training programs.
- Measurement Strategy – Creates and leads a consistent measurement strategy across all L&D programs. This includes establishing Key Takeaways for each program and tracking behavioral change after program completion in order to consistently gauge the overall effectiveness of the L&D offerings (capability, application, business impact).
- Facilitation & Delivery – Administers internal curriculum plans, learning activities and course development using web-based learning management platform, as well as instructor-led facilitation.. Handles all external facilitator management, where appropriate, as well as Deliver delivers training and development around sales skills, beer and brand trends, and value of selling high-end portfolio. Analyzes, measures, and calibrates training programs to achieve the most effective results.
- Design & Refine- Creates content for sales training modules, including formal training sessions and customized local content, and webinars. Develops and shares best practices with the Learning & Development team, as well as the broader Sales Enablement department, to maximize effectiveness for internal stakeholders as well as field/distributors/retailers.
- Program Development – Proactively manages program launches, content, enhancements, and evolution for all Beer Sales Masters internal flagship programs for continuous improvement. This includes managing participant feedback, vendor/facilitator management, and implementation.
- Program Execution – Proactively manages and centralizes program execution for the Beer Sales Masters program across all geographies. This includes participant management (communication from selection through post program follow up) and logistics.
- Ad hoc Sales Enablement program consultant – manages the L&D plans associated with new tool development/expansion within SET, including instructor-led trainings, webinars, and more.
- Delivers and designs L&D programs on a regular basis
- Assists with related special projects and other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Learning and Development, Sales Training, Human Resource Development or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience facilitating programs. Proven ability to create and execute standard processes, policies and systems.
- A demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish assignments with minimal supervision is required.
- Ability to build project plans to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Depth and breadth knowledge of the organization a plus.
- Ability to travel 20%-30% including overnight travel as business necessary
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed
- Must be at least 21 years or age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location Chicago, Illinois
Job Type Full time
Job Area Sales
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn