POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Manager, Sales Support will be responsible for implementation and continuous evolution of processes, policies and procedures, and activities associated with the front-end of the sales cycle (i.e., the period prior to contract execution and work delivery). These processes will capture and track commercial endeavors from the time that suspected opportunities are identified, subsequent qualification of the commercial potential, sales efforts to develop the potential opportunity, proposal development (and all the associated costing, pricing, and strategic offerings), contract negotiation, contract execution, order entry, and hand-off to contract delivery personnel or organizations for performance. Post-award through project closure, the MCS will lead or support as appropriate business development efforts to monitor contract schedule, financial, and technical performance on behalf of the customer account managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain commercial processes task flow and architecture.
- Construct and implement commercial processes, policies, and procedures.
- Lead proposal development efforts as proposal manager for NuScale offerings to provide goods and services.
- Coordinate the preparation of responses from technical and business operations of the company to Requests for Information and other related activities.
- Support, and at times, lead negotiations and closure of NuScale contracts in which NuScale is the vendor / provider of goods and services (i.e., not for contracts where NuScale is the purchaser).
- As requested by the Sales Directors, develop / provide information (e.g., presentations, answers to customer questions, etc.) needed to support sales activities.
- Coordinate with a variety of organizational units in the organization especially Finance, Legal, Project Management, Accounts Receivable, and production organizations for the purpose of conducting activities and plans potentially affecting commercial success.
- Participate on project teams for revenue generating projects; assist in project planning, monitoring, and recovery strategies for adverse trends in schedule, financial, and technical
- Specify metrics required by the Sales organization for project monitoring; receive and analyze progress reports containing these metrics from PMO at the specified frequency.
- Report significant trends in project performance to the respective customer account managers and, when appropriate, to the Vice Presidents, Chief Commercial Officer, and line management of other affected organizations.
- Work with Finance and production organizations to confirm that new product and service lines are commercially viable, meeting return objectives, and that appropriate sales campaigns are developed.
- Support Marketing and Communications in its work to develop print and digital media and other initiatives to support business development campaigns and objectives.
- The MCS is the owner, administrator, super-user, and consulting resource for the Sales organization's customer relationship management software (e.g., Salesforce.com), SharePoint instances, SecureDocs libraries, and other applications that track or facilitate sales and customer communications.
- Provide input and assistance as directed to the Marketing and Communications organization for planning market research efforts and analyzing data for trends and forecasts of potential market movement pertaining to NuScale business interests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Business Acumen: A strategic thinker with good business perspective and an understanding of the company's business. Able to function comfortably in potential customer interactions. Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Problem solving: Decisive with good judgment. Identifies and resolves problems in an efficient and effective manner. Gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Strong communication skills, externally and internally. Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity; is able to create, read and interpret complex commercial and technical written information.
- Planning/organizing: Capable leader; able to establish a vision and align an organization around the vision. Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Integrity: Is trusted by peers and subordinates.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work; responds to management expectations.
- Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization, setting expectations and requirements and achieving accountability of supervised personnel. Leads consensus by involving as appropriate stakeholders, facilitating their understanding of differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and developing the best solution.
- Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
- Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and ASME NQA-1.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: A minimum of a bachelor's degree required, a technical degree and an MBA each a preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 5-8 years progressively responsible experience in commercial support aspects of nuclear industrial and technical vendor-delivered complex sales and delivery projects required.
- Experience with multiple interfaces, that involved high cost (e.g., greater than $100M) required.
- Extensive experience addressing, negotiating, and resolving nuclear industry commercial issues and topics associated with the supply of major engineered equipment, engineering services, or engineer, procure, and construct delivery programs required.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present winning written proposals in connection with the foregoing activities required. Experience with the foregoing in the direct employ of a nuclear technology development company a plus.
- Strong experience with the use of software applications used in business communications and planning, including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Sales Cloud (Salesforce), Visio and project management applications preferred.
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.