Manager, Sales Strategy and Operations
Santa Clara, CA, US
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for an outstanding strategic and analytical individual to join the Sales Strategy & Planning team for Cortex. You will be a part of a growing Cortex Sales Strategy & Operations team and will be tasked to support the Cortex Sales and Sales Operations leadership by conducting deep analysis on the business, unearthing insights, developing executive ready presentations, etc.
- Support new growth opportunities for Cortex, and contribute to the development of associated business cases, by conducting analysis, developing models, etc
- Support cross-functional strategic initiatives to accelerate productivity and growth for Cortex and ensuring progress against both Cortex and overall corporate objectives such as our transition to a pure subscription driven business
- Work closely with Finance and Central Analytics teams to develop scorecards and dashboards that bring transparency into business performance and arms sales leadership with insights needed to drive their business
- Partner with Cortex GTM Enablement & PMO teams in rolling out new programs to the field; measure and report on effectiveness of programs to track ROI and course correct as needed
- Develop and maintain account segmentation frameworks, develop appropriate routes to market by customer and product segments to ensure the sales organization scales appropriately in support of high growth
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Cortex and represent the Sales organizations POV and interests with cross-functional partners, including but not limited to Marketing, Product, Finance, Central Ops, & Ecosystems
- 6+ years of experience in a sales strategy & operations role, preferably in a fast-growth enterprise software company
- Prior experience in management / strategy consulting highly desired
- Advanced skills in Excel or Google Sheets & PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Experience using reporting and analytics applications preferred; Salesforce, Tableau, Anaplan a plus
- Knowledge of SaaS / subscription based business models and associated KPIs (Retention & Renewal Rates, ARR, Expansion & Cross-Sell Rates, etc)
- Strong business acumen and judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to structure solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills and the ability to effectively partner with all levels of management
- Self-starter, highly motivated with insatiable curiosity to learn about and influence the business
- Works well within a matrixed environment, with ability to manage simultaneous projects, and tight deadlines