About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau is as much a philosophy as an amazing suite of tools. We enable people to transform data into something visual and understandable, enabling people to make important decisions based on those insights. If you are passionate about technology, but also care deeply about doing something meaningful, Tableau is the place for you. Our products have been key in helping fight Malaria, Ebola, and most recently COVID19, by providing data insights to medical professionals into where these diseases are spreading.
What you’ll be doing …
The Manager, SMB Sales will be responsible for driving sales of Tableau products. The Manager will oversee a team of quota carrying sales representatives focused on sales within the SMB space. In this role, you are responsible for working with each salesperson, providing feedback, coaching and training to ensure quota attainment and overall account development. Your responsibilities include monitoring activity levels, implement process efficiency changes to drive maximum productivity and contributing to both new customer acquisition efforts as well as up-sell and cross-sell efforts into existing Tableau relationships.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Define and execute territory sales plans for assigned geographic territory and then meet and exceed sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities in new and existing accounts.
- Build talent pipeline; coach, train and motivate and grow sales staff.
- Plan and direct sales staff activities and objectives to maximize sales volume as well as identify employee performance goals and measurements, partnering with them to obtain positive results.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Drive strategic deals and accounts to six-figure and seven-figure deal victories on a regular basis.
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering. Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system.
- Provide product demonstration to prospective customers.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast and performance.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with direct reports, management, customers and support staff.
Who you are …
- Experienced. 5 or more years in software sales including both transactional sales and strategic selling experience. This includes 2 years or more as a sales leader.
- Performer. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- Domain. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred. Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
- Entrepreneurial. Knowing how to build and grow a business from scratch is essential.
- Go-Getter. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission.
- Passion and Conviction. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong recruiter and motivator of people.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!