The Manager of Sales Productivity and Effectiveness is responsible for the ongoing improvement of global Sales productivity and effectiveness through the definition and measurement of key performance indicators (KPIs), the cross-pollination of best practices, the identification and facilitation of key process improvements, and the development of critical sales enablement tools. The Manager of Sales Productivity and Effectiveness ensures that performance, culture and overarching sales methodology and processes are aligned with corporate strategy and objectives. This role works closely sales leadership and requires a high degree of initiative, sound judgment, and leadership.
- Define and manage metrics, performance criteria, policies and procedures to continuously improve sales force productivity.
- Manage territory sizing & optimization along with Enterprise Territory Management (ETM) for increased sales force performance and productivity.
- Perform gap analysis to identify areas for improvement and drive key initiatives to improve sales productivity and effectiveness.
- Assist with implementation of strategic sales plans and initiatives, ensuring they are in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and set performance goals and objectives accordingly.
- Manage global processes, policies, procedures, systems, and tools that drive sales productivity and effectiveness.
- Identify new tool sets for increased sales productivity and effectiveness and drive implementation and maintenance.
- Provide leadership for defining, implementing, and driving adoption of sales process and methodology.
- Review and provide guidelines and best practices for maintaining a competitive edge.
- Develop and sustain strategy on ensuring customer satisfaction on all sales transactions.
- Analyze and respond to changing market conditions, to include competitive benchmarking.
- Analyze trends which involve producing statistical reports on individual performance and sales trends.
- Provide team motivation and development to maximize sales opportunities.
- Responsible for reporting on the overall performance and productivity of sales representatives.
- Collaborate with Global Sales Insights, Regional Sales Ops, Incentive Planning, Sales, and GIS teams to define new metrics and launch scalable and automated dashboards.
- Identify user and analytical requirements and assist in the preparation of Business Requirement documents and design of business solutions.
- Determine, design and advocate for software tools or modifications to improve efficiencies.
- Manage and coach sales analysts. Effectively guide and delegate tasks.
- Successfully drive organizational change.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
The ideal candidate for this role would share and understand our high growth objectives. This position requires an advanced degree of leadership, creative thinking, and dedication to people. The ability to successfully collaborate with cross-functional and global teams is a must. The right candidate will exhibit good business judgment and acumen and be both confident and flexible in their views. This position will require the ability to work with multiple business units to acquire operational knowledge and execute on departmental initiatives.
- Must be Six Sigma Green Belt certified.
- Strong sales process background and experience working with sales and sales operations teams.
- Experience with sales metrics and KPIs.
- Proven track record of driving improvements to sales productivity and effectiveness.
- Strong analytical background and with attention to detail.
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Excellent presenter, including data visualization techniques.
- Experience with developing and modifying sales operations processes and/or forecasting.
- Ability to effectively lead, plan and execute on plans for process improvement.
- Experience collecting user requirements and articulating them to technical counterparts.
- Ability to evaluate solutions from both a near term and long term perspective.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed model.
- Experience managing a team of analysts and working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience in a variety of analysis and visualization methods.
- Strong hands-on experience with SFDC, SAP, Apttus, etc.
- Expert user of reporting tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Change Agent
- Expert user of statistical analysis tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large data files.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Economics/Statistics or equivalent.
- MBA preferred.
- Six SigmaBlack Belt certification preferred.
- Managers at this level may become involved in day-to-day activities where their acquired expertise and knowledge provide focus to subordinates.
- 7+ years of direct work experience, with 1-3 years of Management experience