Job Number: 18009140
Company: Nestle USA
Location: Seattle, WA Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world.
It has never been a more exciting time to join (Nestlé Starbucks).
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Nestle Starbucks Coffee success by leveraging customer, category, and shopper insights to develop the market plan that will be sufficient to deliver the financial goals of there scope of responsibility. This position serves as the voice of the CPG customer and is accountable to communicate to the field all business plans and initiatives to be executed by the field sales organization.
Models and acts in accordance with Nestle Starbucks Coffee guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership – Setting goals for the cross-functional teams, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
– Scope of work will have heavy exposure with Channel Development leadership that require strong executive presence to clearly articulate business opportunities and issues.
– Leads respective brand, initiative or capability to achieve our financial goals.
– Leads communication on plans or key initiatives to the entire Field sales teams for respective responsibility.
– Establish a strong CPG customer-focused approach to communicate the strategies and objectives of our key
CPG customers into the category to ensure their requirements are built into the Go-To-Market plans.
– Leverage customer, category and shopper insights to provide direct input into respective cross-functional team on planning, forecasting,etc.
– Ensure Go-To-Market plans, materials, and approach aligns with Nestle Starbucks Coffee and the overall brand strategy.
– Leverages the scale of all the Starbucks brands creating cross brand activities, cross brand promotions, etc
– Co-create with marketing on innovative ideas/initiatives within all parts of CPG organization
Planning and Execution – Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
– Must be able to think strategically, develop tactical plans AND execute brilliantly
– Understand the key business drivers at tops customers to identify opportunities for growth
– Develops and owns sufficiency of market plan to meeting AOP and business needs for repetitive business.
– Participates or leads in the Joint Business Planning process
– Integrates the work of Starbucks categories, marketing and sales planning to deliver cohesive aligned programs.
Business Requirements – Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
– Accountable to support and deliver sales, profit , and share.
– Exhibits strong financial mastery and understanding of customers when proposing selling ideas and solutions
– Co-creates innovative ideas with the category/marketing organization to address CPG customer’s needs.
– Seamless interaction with the support center and the field
– Attention to detail…brilliant execution.
– Business case recommendations – Strong analytical skills as well as in building analysis with recommendations (strategy and tactical)
– Collaborate with brand, field, finance and strategic pricing and supply chain
Partner Development & Team Building – Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
– Educate multi-functional business partners on requirements of CPG customers
– Models the way by being a team captain for the Sales Planning organization
– Enable individuals on customer teams to execute sales fundamentals with excellence.
– Develops mutually beneficial relationships and influences within the organization cross functionally in order to build and execute the market plan.
Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Summary of Experience
– 8 years of direct customer sales and account management experience: leveraging multi-functional resources, selling new items, and building and executing holistic customer plans within a global CPG company.
– 2-4 years of experience executing product strategy and sales plans with a CPG company.
– 2 years of experience managing and leading joint business or annual plans with major CPG customers across multiple categories and levels.
-Experience in headquarter environment working with cross-functional teams preferred, but not required.
Basic Qualifications are objective, non-comparative, and relevant requirements essential to performing a role anywhere in the company. Examples include minimum educational requirement or specific degrees, certifications, minimum number of years of experience in a similar role with similar scope or level of responsibility, experience with core technology tools or platforms such as Microsoft Office, equivalent military experience, etc. A process guide for determining Basic Qualifications is available on the Job Description SharePoint site.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
-Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
-Ability to persuasively sell to CPG customers AND internal business partners at all levels of the organization.
-Proven track record of building diverse, collaborative relationships.
-Ability to align strategy, leverage multi-functional resources, and shopper marketing analytics
-Understands the CPG industry and how the Sales Planning role enables the CBD teams to sell
-Possesses strong Financial Acumen, ability to negotiate and reach win/win agreements
-Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
-Annual managed scope of responsibility $400M+
-And/or brand() scope of responsibility 1 – Total Portfolio
-And/or potential direct report 0-1
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.