The Sales & Marketing Manager is responsible for the promotion of concerts, events, and shows at City Springs, while developing creative marketingcampaigns that promote public/community awareness. He/she is responsible for maintaining relationships with media partners, and ensuring fulfillment of contracts while overseeing the media buying and billing process. This individual will manage, supervise and coordinate all marketing activities and assist the Director of Programming in booking and sales efforts to reach budget goals, secure sponsorships, and generate revenue for the facility. The Sales & Marketing Manager will develop and implement marketing plans for the facility/events, manage event advertising budgets/promotions, engage in booking/sales calls with potential facility users and assist in developing new events for the facility. City Springs consists of a 1,100 seat Performing Arts Center, 400 seat Studio Theatre, Conference Center and Rooftop Terrace bar, Outdoor Greenspace, and CityBar.
Essential Marketing Job Functions:
- Ensure the development, implementation, and reconciliation of comprehensive marketing programs
- Plan, organize, and coordinate public relations efforts for the facility, in coordination with the City of Sandy Springs Communications Department
- Create and execute marketing plans for events presented in-house; coordinate with outside promoters on their marketing efforts
- Manage promotional efforts related to in-house Food and Beverage services for event concessions, catering services, and specialty F&B locations on the property (CityBar. and Rooftop Terrace)
- Negotiate advertising and media-related sponsorship agreements
- Develop, edit, and issue press releases
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with contacts and co-workers
- Explore non-traditional marketing opportunities for the facility and its events
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate annual marketingbudget; set and manage achievement of department and facility objectives
- Negotiate and maintain promotional partnerships with corporate and media partners, as needed
- Develop, direct, coordinate and review the strategic plan for providing marketing services
- Communicate regularly with media partners to maintain cooperative, positive relationships
- Track, analyze and compare eventsales information
- Work directly with other departments to implement campaigns
- Manage event settlement packets, including collecting invoices, coding and creating a back-up packet
- Develop collateral, including fliers, newsletters, websites, digital signage content, posters, postcards, and email blasts in coordination with the City of Sandy Springs Communications Department
- Manage day-to-day promotions and event activities
- Provide direction to Group Sales with regard to events
- Coordinate team efforts with other departments to implement marketing ideas/tasks
- Oversee grassroots programs and collateral
- Promote positive attitude and company principles within department and facility
Essential Sales Job Functions:
- Communicate with promoters and entertainment agencies to market the facility
- Work directly with promoters for upcoming events to ensure success and customer satisfaction
- Communicate with tenants, promoters, agencies and other facility user groups to maintain cooperative, positive relationships and to identify potential booking opportunities
- Work with Director of Programming to develop in-house event opportunities
- Assist in developing offers, rental proposals, and event projections for review
- Assist in researching potential artists for the facility to determine viability and assess risk levels
Nonessential Job Functions:
- Perform all other duties as required
- Bachelors Degree or better from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, public relations, business administration or other related field
- Minimum of 3-5years of increasingly responsibleexperience in sales and/or marketingrequired, preferably with a performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
- Minimum of 3-5years of increasingly responsibleexperience with media buying and promotions
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising/sponsorship program development
- Knowledge of Public Relations
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Familiarity with booking procedures offers and lease agreements in a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility, or other multi-purpose public assembly facility preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software
- Familiarity with publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher, Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients. Public speaking is required in certain circumstances to promote the facility and its events.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- Work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, days, evenings, holidays, extended (long) workdays for an extended number of days as needed
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.