Lead, coach and develop professional sales staff in new group sales in order to achieve membership and margin targets, continually improve performance and translate key initiatives into action. Conduct day to day management of sales team for assigned market segment. Achieve commercial new group membership enrollment forecast for assigned segment. Monitor daily performance and workflow of sales staff to deliver on expectations for quota achievement, sales pipeline development. Manage and enhance relationships with brokers/consultants. Create new sales distributionchannels and manage and enhance existing sales channels.
- Manages the day to day activities of sales team to achieve new group membership enrollment goals.
- Plans a course of action for team or unit; establishes priorities to accomplish goals, allocate resources & track results.
- Responsible for selecting, developing, & deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
- Responsible for performance mgmt, compensation decisions, rewarding & recognizing employees, & providing on-going, regular performance feedback.
- Build on the use of competency based hiring practices & implement new sales executive training program.
- Effectively leverages KP's Manager Coaching Program to support team development & account mgmt excellence.
- Formulates moderately complex, effective plans consistent w/ the business & competitive strategy of the organization and/or functional area. Such plans will include special broker incentives, product enhancement & development, benefit design, pricing & sales strategies & process improvement. Identify & develop target prospects.
- Recommends changes to policies & procedures to achieve customer & Kaiser Permanente goals.
- Determines objectives & sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities.
- Actively participate in membership projections & goal-setting.
- Using information obtained regarding market conditions, provides input in the development & implementation of strategies to achieve sales performance targets.
- Provides input & monitors organizational/business performance metrics.
- Collaborates w/ Business Line Leaders across the Enterprise to measure & lower acquisition costs through the implementation of best practices & shared services.
- Work closely w/ staff & internal partners to coordinate continuous enhancement of relationships w/ brokers & other distribution channels.
- Maintains relationships w/ key local influencers, consultants, brokers, decision makers, & community groups that will further the local presence strategy for Kaiser Permanente.
- Ensures a high level of service is provided to new group customers & their consultants & brokers during the enrollment process to ensure smooth transitions to the account mgmt team.
- Build external relationships w/ key brokers & consultants to underst& their perspectives & influence their buying decisions.
- Develop & manage new marketing distribution channels & enhance existing sales channels, e.g. brokers, direct, business coalitions, etc.
- Collaborates on the development & execution of all strategic & tactical plans to achieve new membership goals & optimal partnership in each account.
- Monitors & evaluates moderately complex plans; focuses on results & measuring attainment of outcomes.
- Implements comprehensive sales plan to meet the overall business objectives for membership, revenue & margin.
- Accountable for ensuring budget for their department/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Four (4) years of experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships with demonstrated leadership experience in these areas.
- Two (2) years of experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated leadership experience in sales, marketing, business development, or account management.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Profiency in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Strong analytical ability, with ability to design, track, and work toward specific measurable performance targets for self and team.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care industry and local markets for managed health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.