Job ID: FOO000124
Location: Virtual, West CoastPosition Reports: VP Global Sales / Americas
Position Summary:The primary function of the Manager Sales is to provide sales leadership, management and direction to meet / exceed the annual sales / order budget and ensure long term sustained growth and profitability. The Manager of Sales is responsible for implementing the Global F&B Sales Strategy in conjunction with Global Product Managers, Regional Marketing, Scientific Laboratory Services (SLS), and Sales Specialist with the region.
- Lead team to meet or exceed regional sales targets assigned by Pall F&B management via direct sales activities with customers.
- Through critical insight on customer F&B manufacturing processes, support team to formulate strategies to develop and support solutions that meet or exceed customers’ needs and expectations and simultaneously expand F&B business by gaining market share in existing and new accounts.
- Work with Operations, Customer Service, Supply Chain and other teams in Pall to ensure full execution of our sales strategies in the region (including orders, shipments, AR collections, contracts including renewals).
- Lead sales funnel reviews and ensure reporting of all business opportunities, solution concepts and strategies to Pall management through the use of CRM and provide voice of customer and applications feedback to product development teams.
- Own key accounts in territory, and help drive system opportunities leads passed to system sales specialists.
- Communicate business strategy and tactics clearly to your team and provide feedback to colleagues, the management team and other Pall teams on progress, opportunities and challenges in the region.
- Manage and direct Territory sales specialists, and all associated specialists to ensure focus on key selling activities: maintaining existing business, identifying new opportunities in existing and new customers through Sales Funnel Mgmt. and process system opportunities.
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing to identify Key, Strategic and New Accounts to position PALL technology, products, service and support as the first choice.
- Effectively utilize Total Funnel Management (TFM) Selling.
- Support the Product Rationalization Program down to the Account Mgr. / Account level.
- Provide weekly sales and order forecast updates, customers issue / needs including product OTD, Quality, etc. that is impacting Customer Satisfaction. Schedule quarterly sales reviews with Sales, Regional Marketing, SLS and Customer Service to review previous quarter results, update fiscal year forecast and quarter performance.
- Acquire and develop talent and adapt workforce competencies to meet evolving business needs, while effectively managing change:
- Use rewards and recognition to help cultivate a customer mindset, leadership at every level, performance excellence, teamwork and compliance with Danaher’s Code of Conduct.
- Hold self and other leaders within the BU accountable for completing people processes (goal setting, development plans, performance reviews, compensation planning, talent assessments, career plan nominations and succession planning) in a timely and quality manner.
- Develop talent and take timely, corrective action to improve performance that doesn’t meet expectations.
- Schedule, monitor and confirm sales and technical training programs are completed and employees are fully trained and capable of positioning all products and technologies practicing TFM. 15%
Skills and Knowledge:
- Requires in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines
- Applies understanding of the business and how own area integrates with others to achieve departmental objectives
- Manages one or more generally homogeneous teams; adapts departmental plans and priorities to meet short-term service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and solves technical and operational problems; understands and recognizes broader impact across the department
- Guided by policies and departmental plan, impacts the team’s ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years in salesexperience including a minimum of one year managing people and three years in technical sales in (preferred F&B Process / Manufacturing market place
- Technical Knowledge: Complete working knowledge of F&B product development, manufacturing and quality.