The scope of this position is to lead a team of Sales Engineers who work in partnership with the sales staff in the acquisition and growth of customers needing solution services for voice, data, networking, and security services. Driving growth in innovative high value products by leading the technical sales direction and engineering the configuration of products and services for end customer solutions. This position will be responsible for the hiring, training, performance reviews, career development, discipline and retention of the Engineers. He/she will be responsible for safety and quality in the work place.
- Strong knowledge of voice and data telecom networks
- Must be able to do long range planning, set goals and be comfortable reporting results to company executives.
- Computer experiencerequired on Windows platform including proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- A high level of interpersonal skills required for supervision of Engineers and communicating with Senior Management, other organizations, and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills required. Daily communication with customers and employees, including senior management, will be necessary.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills necessary to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet critical guidelines
College degree in Engineering or a related field and 5-7 years professional level experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 9+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.