- Manage a team of Sales Engineers in a dedicated Region area helping to ensure sales and customer success;
- Engage directly with Sales and Sales Leadership to provide support for pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Conduct pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top sales engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of SE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Work closely with Sales to develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Interact with customers and prospects as this is a “player / coach” role;
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow major engagements to ensure success;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE’s with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels.;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s;
Location: Should be located in the DC/VA area
- At least 5+ year’s experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- At least 2+ year’s related SE Management experience highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas; Very articulate.
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio is preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development is preferred.
- Some Unix or Linus based scriptinglanguage (Perl, Python, *sh) is desirable.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
Bachelor of Science degree in EE, CE, Computer Science, MIS, or Business. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome.