The Manager of Sales Engineering in the West leads, manages and develops a team of Sales Engineers, and oversees their activities to ensure that the company and customers are provided the best technical sales support and expertise. This Sales Engineering team support some of the most demanding and technically complex customers who are shaping the future path for technology. The Manager provides support and advise coaching to staff to align customer business requirements to technology solutions. The Manager also supports increased account penetration into additional business units supporting the team to deliver innovative and creative technical design; and influences process improvement initiatives by removing barriers and modifying or enhancing current processes. The Manager of Sales Engineering works to shape and define new or expanded product offerings to meet customer requirements.
- Build a high performing team, hire and retain the right talent in the right roles, set goals, delegate work, hold reports accountable, and develop and empower direct reports to make decisions and take action.
- Demonstrate Company’s values, maintain a positive open demeanor, encourage different points of view, move team forward through change, provide timely information, communicate context for business decisions, recognize accomplishments and foster teamwork and collaboration.
- Develop and ensure attainment of new sales and margin growth for strategic accounts which contribute to the company’s bottom line through increasing revenue to meet or exceed company revenue and market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Develop and implement long-term product strategy with sales management to ensure existing and potential customers are provided with options and enhancements to their existing network.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans with sales management to recapture business lost due to the company's service limitations, network quality, tariff, and/or pricing issues., and recommend process improvement initiatives.
- Establish and control expenses and operating budget by participation in the planning process and maintenance of approved plan and budget. Oversee and participate in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives and recommend programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation and presentation of technical proposals to customers and provide leadership and technical guidance to staff and customer technical staff to ensure full understanding of how the company's services will best meet the customer’s needs.
- Provide technical guidance to Sales Engineers as well as internal and external customers as needed in the development and implementation of technical customer solutions and remove barriers to enhance the customer experience.
- Partner with the account team to ensure the accuracy of data for each opportunity in the sales funnel.
- 5+ years of relevant Sales Engineering experience, plus several years of solid leadership experience
- Overall knowledge of internal network and competitive voice, data, internet applications, and technologies is required.
- In-depth knowledge of technical terminology related to company products and services.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications and technology including IoT, Edge Compute, AI, ML and Blockchain.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build relationships with C-level executives.
- Deep and wide technical knowledge around product life-cycle (from engineering through operations).
- High level understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes.
- Exceptional strategic planning and account management skills are required.
- Experience in consultative sales techniques and account planning.
- A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to travel as needed (Approx. 50%).
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 208980