Manager Sales Development
The Manager of Sales Development is responsible for establishing and improving World Class Training for new account executives and continuing education for Assurex Health. This includes, but is not limited to: Developing training programs, delivering those programs, assessing the effectiveness of all training programs and working to improve them. The Sales Development Manager will also attend all field sales meetings, facilitate and create skill building workshops for the sales meetings and conduct field visits with new and tenured sales representatives.
The Manager of Sales Development will be viewed as the expert on training at Assurex, which includes: product knowledge, customer understanding, message delivery and use of marketing tools, sales process, territory franchise management and adult learning principles. This person will partner closely with field sales management and will also represent sales training on cross-functional teams for strategic initiatives, collaborating with Marketing, Sales and Medical.
This is a Mason, Ohio based, full-time position. Strong candidates outside Mason will be considered, with the understanding that working remotely would require a significant travel commitment.
- Presentation Skills- must be able to provide clear direction, present in a variety of settings, utilize time management skills, be flexible and apply adult learning principles.
- Coaching- ability to diagnose trainees’ skill level & determine needs of development, coach on performance & behavioral issues, provide encouraging and constructive feedback.
- Planning- manage multiple activities, collaborate with internal team members proactively, develop effective training content, agendas & workshops.
- Leadership- model personal & professional values, align department goals with corporate strategy, develop effective relationships, build team synergy within & across all commercialization teams, maintain a strong connection/ presence with the sales force and market place.
- Teamwork- work well in a team environment, gain trust & support of peers, find common ground & provide solutions, manage resources (people, funding, material, support) to accomplish stated goals.
- Bachelor Degree
- A minimum of 3 years selling to Health Care Professionals in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, or Diagnostic Industries
- The ability to teach both product knowledge and selling skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.