The Manager of Sales Compensation role is a critical position within the company with high visibility at the executive level. The role will be responsible for administering the worldwide sales compensation plan, policies and procedures in effect. In addition, the role will assist management with design and modifications to the plan to align with the company’s objectives. This role will also measure the effectiveness of our sales compensation plan and provide key metrics to upper management on a regular basis.
- Ensure commissions are accurately calculated on a monthly basis from information extracted from the financialreporting systems. This includes:
- Updating the compensation logic for territory assignment when necessary
- Validating the integrity of the data extracts via a series of test
- Coordination with HR to ensure the employee data is up to date; that is, changes are accounted for and reflective in the proper period
- Working with the Sales Leaders to ensure all inputs are provided
- Review of achievement and resulting commissions payable
- Distribution of commission statements
- Accrual of commissions due in the financial system
- Supervise completion of pay file and transmittal to payroll dept.
- Analysis of monthly commission to ensure accuracy in calculation and payment
- Ensure accurate forecasting and reporting
- Standard and Ad-hocreporting to track and measure performance including sales achievement standings
- Continual assessment of commission plan structure and effectiveness to ensure alignment to company objectives and make recommendation to upper management.
- Act as a liaison to HR, Sales and Legal; work cross functionally with IT and other internal departments on issues affecting accurate reporting/calculation.
- Manage dispute resolution process and make recommendation on how incentives are to be paid if outside the scope of existing policy.
- Oversea update of territory logic; creation and rollout of plan documents, including Exhibit A’s and commission statements, amendments, communication and education materials
- Support annual quota setting and commission budget process by working with the relevant finance and sales operation personnel to evaluate the required inputs and analyze the results.
- Collaborates cross-functionally across the organization to assist with the integration, definition and rollout of standardized global business / reporting processes.
- Facilitates new business process change to the sales organization.
- Validate that all requirements submitted for sales reporting applications have been implemented according to specifications by actively participating in System Testing.
- Supervise staff
- Other task as deemed necessary
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of progressive financialexperience in a similar environment/role
- 6+ year of compensation management experience with exposure to senior management
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, French or German a plus but not required
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Process driven skills focused on problem analysis and problem resolution
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills in a high paced environment
- Multi-national corporation experience a plus
- Strong leadership and management qualities
- Ability to work in an exciting and dynamic environment in a high growth company