Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
The Manager – Sales Audit has day-to-day responsibility for oversight of the Sales Audit team in the daily audit and reconciliation of Sales / Revenue transactions. The role provides leadership and guidance to the global team to ensure all monthly/quarterly functions are completed accurately and on time within company policy.
- Oversee the fiscal close cycle which includes approval of journal entries, coordination of tasks, and providing guidance on complex transactions
- Provide guidance and oversight to the HBC India team related to general accounting activities
- Responsible for all account reconciliations, ensuring the resolution of account issues and timely completion
- Participate in fiscal close meetings
- Review / Provide oversight over daily sales audit and reconciliation functions
- Review daily sales audit reports / reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of daily audit functions and reconciliation of general ledger accounts (EGC, EMC, AMEX, GC, Deposits and Cash Refunds)
- Communicate with store locations in order to research and resolve customer issues related to sales or cash balances
- Communicate with internal management (including VP’s, directors and managers) concerning Sales issues noted in Sales Audit. This includes issues related to, but not limited to, POS terminal over/short issues, store associate training, associate POS errors, customer inquiries, liability reconciliations and policy revisions pertaining to sales procedures.
- Oversee the security levels assigned to each sales audit associate to ensure the integrity of sales and ensure compliance with internal control requirements.
- Participate in design sessions related to new / enhanced customer-facing systems
- Assist in development of system testing plans and scenarios, including the supervision of offshore Sales Audit resources required for testing
- Review testing results and provide input into testing sign-off or remediation activities required
The successful candidate must be an expert communicator, with the ability to build strong business relationships beyond the finance team and the ability to effectively manage the needs of multiple stakeholder groups. He/she has excellent management, leadership and problem-solving skills and the confidence to hold their ground while working collaboratively. He/she is a self-starter, a problem-solver and should be comfortable working in an ever changing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in sales audit for a large retailer, with at least 2 years of experience managing a sales audit team
- Experience with Sales Audit systems and processes in a retail environment
- Experience within the full lifecycle of IT systems (design, configuration, testing and implementation) for Sales Audit and related systems
- Project management experience.
- Experience with AP/AR, monthly and quarterly close process, and customer account reconciliations
- Bachelor degree, with business or accounting background preferred
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA / CMA / CGA) designation, while not required is an asset.
Job Number 17000ECN