Siemens Industry is looking for a Manager, Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) for their Norcross, GA location. This role is a high visibility supply chain position for a high potential candidate! Manager, Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), Energy Management (EM) Division, Low Voltage & Products (LP) business unit. Forecasts, plans, and executes to drive world class delivery performance while optimizing costs.
Key Metrics: Forecast Quality, Delivery Performance, Asset Management/Inventory Turnover.
Supervises: 4 demand planners
Reports to: Director, EM-LP Logistics
Interacts with: Marketing, Product Management, Controlling, Research & Development, Information Technology, Customer Support, Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing as well as general management.
Are you ready for the challenge?!
- Leads a team of 4 planners to develop demand and supply forecasts for 10 manufacturing plants and 13 finished vendors on a monthly basis.
- Creates a statistical forecast using the SAP Advanced Planning Optimization (APO) tool.
- Coordinates and leads monthly demand planning meetings with marketing professionals and product managers to obtain market intelligence and refine the forecast.
- Coordinates and leads monthly supply meetings with each plant/vendor to deliver the forecast and answer questions.
- Manages the inventory planning process to make stocking decisions for the business unit. Oversees 30,000 finished good catalog numbers/SKU. Plans stocking levels for 8,000 catalog numbers/SKU in 2 distribution centers and 6 agent warehouses.
- Leads supply chain planning for product lifecycle management activities.
- Develops and teaches logistics, MRP, supply chain, and replenishment strategies within the organization.
- Collaborates with peers on cross-business unit and cross-divisional activities.
- Continuously improves processes to drive efficiency and results.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelors Degree. Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management are preferred.
2. 8+ years experience in materials/logistics/supply chain management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
3. Several years Management experience.
4. Thorough understanding of manufacturing supply chains and supply chain strategy from raw material to delivery of finished goods.
5. Expert user of ERP systems; SAP is preferred.
6. Expert user of Demand Planning systems. APO is preferred.
7. Expert Excel user.
8. Demonstrated ability to write and execute queries to extract data from ERP and Demand Planning systems and perform highly complex analysis.
9. Critical thinker with a natural curiosity to determine how process and systems work and a drive to make them better.
10. Exceptional communications skills (oral and written). Able to communicate message and vision across the organization: Up, down, across.
11. Action and Results oriented with an ability to quickly develop plans and turn them into actions.
12.Comfortable presenting to senior management. Produces reports, analysis, charts, and graphs to simply depict complex logistics subjects.
13. Experience working with Information Technology to design and improve systems. Able to troubleshoot IT issues within SAP and APO and collaborate with IT professionals to develop a solution
14. Demonstrated success at managing large inventories across multiple locations.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bi-lingual: English/Spanish is a plus.
2. APICS certification is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Requisition Number: 222699