Establish new business and manage customer relations.
- Develop annual sales goals, performance standards, reporting functions, and appropriate measurements for all accounts.
- Monitoring the each assigned site’s EBITDA & ensure it is maximized by proactively managing the commercial performance of each customer; making sure any deals are accretive to the site, and are at the correct market rate.
- Work with District Operation Directors to establish district level budget, and work collaboratively to achieve financial goals
- Develop district funnel management process; ability to initiate and execute proactive lead management to support targeted sales process
- Develop an understanding of regional competitive landscape and pricing. Provide critical support for M&A activities including market intelligence, target companies, customer and competitive insight.
- Partner with Director of Business Development to develop and execute specific regional marketing plans to ensure revenue growth in all products and facilities.
- Responsible for Warehouse & Transportation TBD; Ensure Value added services and Accessorial programs are identified and ensure billing capture; target customer acquisition for high TBD & critical sites
- Relationship Management-Making sure we are in in sync with customers; cross sell other products including transportation, blast, date coding; Reduce churn through high customer retention; lead Issue escalation & resolution as well as billing challenges. Compile and execute timely Customer Business reviews
- VOC / VOI-Be voice of the customer internally by providing customer and industry feedback to internal stakeholders
- Owning a site’s capacity to ensure there’s the correct capacity layout to maximize EBITDA. This includes the analysis of customers and seeing that their individual service needs are being met with the correct storage media.
- Opportunity qualification by assigned sites
- Customer sequencing and transition – Sequencing in customers for new and exiting business to support site budgets
- Customer mix management- Making sure customer has the right profile for site
- Densification: Making the final call on opportunity vetting from a commercial perspective, leading both regional and key account/major owners to the proper sequencing of business in according commercial constraints and financial targets.
- Contract Management: Ensure management of contract maintenance items and contract negotiations. Establish contract gap baseline, documented contract gap closure plan by site, ensuring each contract includes a dually signed document, ensure contract is in our database, each contract has a profile, and lines up with our invoice.
- Responsible for the identification of continuous improvement project through active Kaizen id and execution.
- Market and sell Americold’s various transportation services, inclusive of MVC and Regional/National Freight Consolidation programs.
- Deliver and manage the annual GRI (General Rate Increase) process for assigned facilities
- Find, develop and secure yield management initiatives designed to enhance EBITDA
- Follow established departmental documentation procedures.
- Develop individual sales budget.
- Develop and review quarterly plan to ensure alignment with long range vision and short term goals.
- Know company resources in order to develop business priorities.
- Find, develop and secure new business.
- Provide data for pricing proposal approval process.
- Interface with other departments to ensure departmental participation in company goals and directives.
- Maintain continued relationship with the customer.
- As a shared responsibility, ensure compliance with employment laws.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5-7 years of distribution sales experience with a minimum of 3 years in a field sales management position with increasing responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing or equivalent training in Business or Sales Management, Masters a plus.
- Must have relative industry experience including distribution, warehousing, logistics, transportation, CPG, etc. and understand common business practices and standards. Must have supply chain knowledge within the industry scope, along with a strong financial acumen
- Experience forming and maintaining new business relationships.