Job ID 565141BR
The Manager, Safety Services will provide strategic and day-to-day direction, leadership oversight, feedback and development to the salaried and O&T Cast in the development, implementation and sustainment of the high severity and high frequency safety programs for their designated business. This role is required to use sound technical judgment to perform and lead others in the identification, assessment, analysis and solving a broad spectrum of safety issues across a diverse group of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts businesses.
- The role will be required to drive results by leading the team in development of strategies designed to eliminate or reduce loss exposures and drive compliance within a designated business area.
- Guides an assigned team in the implementation of safety programs, performing job task analysis, analyzing injury and illness trend data, evaluating safety performance, and identifying opportunities to continuously improve safety performance.
- Defines team responsibilities and assignments and approves annual team member strategies.
- Assigns work tasks and duties, provides leadership follow through, gathers and synthesizes team input to formulate recommended action plans and analyze data/trends to drive incident reduction and hazard mitigation.
- The Manager is also responsible for driving continuous performance improvement, reviewing source material (rules, codes, laws and standards) and identifying and sharing industry practices.
- Services as primary contact with client senior executives.
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable safety standards and when necessary, be able to perform and lead others in resolving complex issues outside of established regulations.
- Required to develop strong relationships and work as part of a team within a fast paced, matrix environment with all levels of leadership and employees.
- Operations include but are not limited to, manufacturing, production, warehouse, food and beverage, lodging, construction and entertainment/theatrical.
- Exceptional candidates will have a proven track record of independently and/or leading a team in driving above average incident reduction results achieved through the development and implementation or targeted safety strategies and tactics.
- 12+ years of industrial safety experience required in a related field (petro chemical, construction, maintenance, manufacturing, hospitality, entertainment/theatrical, transportation, distribution/warehouse).
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and identify trends.
- Proven project management experience.
- Self-driven and resourceful professional with the ability to solve problems outside area of expertise.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to operate within an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Proven strong planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations.
- Demonstrated strong consultative influencing skills.
- Ability to manage projects to completion.
- Proven experience in training delivery.
- Proven experience leading high performance teams with direct reports.
- Basic ergonomic, industrial hygiene or food safety experience.
- Bi-lingual language skills.