As the Health, Safety, Environmental Manager, you will collaborate with the Plant General Manager to drive strategic corporate safety initiatives. You will implement best in class strategies, programs and practices to ensure compliance with all HSE regulations. You will develop new and creative methods to drive continuous improvement of HSE practices.
You will also be trusted to:
- Advise the health and safety administration team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Monitor the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards, and training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensure all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Manage the hiring, direction, assessment and development of a team of HSE professionals.
- Prior experience in the manufacturing industry is mandatory.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 10 years related experience. CSP or equivalent certification preferred.
- Highest level of expertise and practical knowledge of health, safety, environmental and workers compensation best practices.
- Exceptional presentation skills to senior executives.
- Strong knowledge of developing and implementing training programs.
- Must have proven success in driving continuous improvement in HSE, Lean and Six Sigma preferred.
- Experience using Apollo Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), or similar robust problem solving tools.
- Proven experience motivating and leading teams to achieve goals.