Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage strategies for all company owned assets needing assistance over the road.
- Manage employees and leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance, and providing feedback.
- Ensure ready equipment over the road is returned to operation with minimal delays while communicating with all necessary stake holders involved in the process.
- Review and analyze vendor expenses to ensure cost effectiveness; approve vendor invoices for pre-determined expense hierarchy.
- Assist Director with daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Identify training and development needs within the department to provide opportunities for learning, growth, and advancement.
- Evaluate, design, and lead the implementation of department operation and policy improvements.
- Participate in hiring, coaching, and evaluating of employees.
- Review all vendor or customer concerns and address all issues as they are presented
Manage the selection and performance of all vendors and repair shops within the network.
Review lease and owner-operator charges to ensure correct billing and timely closure of any open work orders.
- Regularly evaluate departmental policies and procedures and communicate issues and recommendations for changes to the Director.
- Maintain communication with the Director to assist with implementation of cost control measures. Report discrepancies immediately.
- Will be responsible for meeting all departmental performance measurements
- Coordinate with Fleet Operations and Asset Management Teams to improve equipment utilization.
- Evaluate and document Agent performance in accordance with company policies.
- Plan and supervise execution of scheduling and staffing to ensure efficient and effective coverage of departmental duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor and review telephony system to ensure that caller wait times are minimized while ensuring that the appropriate shift coverage is in place at all times
- The manager will be responsible for updating and delivering daily out of service reports to several level of leadership daily.
- Daily review truck down report to maximize asset utilization.
- Review vendor charges for any warrantable claims.
- Perform other duties as needed to support equipment and asset management efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associated degree or equivalent required.
Bachelordegree in related field or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Maintenance Trucking Industry.
- Minimum of 3 year direct supervision or management experience with 10 or more people.
- Knowledge of vehicle components and maintenance procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Exhibited sound judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced, changing environment.Well organized.Ability to communicate with vendors to resolve any issue that may arise.
- Ability to make solid decisions even in stressful situations.
Supervisory Responsibility: Will manage a team of XRA agents, shift leads, a trainer, and multiple supervisors.
Work Environment: this job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.