Manager, Risk Process Management - Operational Risk
The Risk Process Manager will be:
Working closely with business partners and executives engaged in key business initiatives and operational risk management, the Operational Risk Advisory and Challenge (ORAC) team provides operational risk management guidance and credible challenge to Capital One’s business operations.
The team is seeking for a forward leaning associate to own the second line processes we execute. This is a new role to help us move the underlying processes to a well-managed state, drive opportunities to make them even more effective/customer focused and develop/execute ongoing quality assurance processes.
Responsibilities of the role will include the development, implementation, and execution of ORAC’s process governance program to ensure process intent is documented, understood, and consistently executed. The role will work horizontally across the team with broad exposure within the team and with business partners/management.
This is a great opportunity for an associate who is interested in furthering their process management skills while learning about risk management.
The ideal candidate will be a process manager with strong strategic, judgment and integrative thinking skills as well as good organizational, communication and influencing skills.
Interests/skills which will be critical for success include:
- Desire to develop expertise both within the ORAC team and across the broader Risk Management organization
- Passion for problems solving and developing consensus
- Comfort working with and influencing a diverse set of senior stakeholders
- Process design skills focused on efficiency and effectiveness
Description of the overall team environment
- The majority of the team is co-located in Richmond, VA
- The role will report directly to a Sr. Director located in Plano, TX, but will work extensively across a diverse leadership team
- The team is growing – we are in the process of expanding the team by 10 roles, it’s a great time to get in on a team that has deep support from Risk Management's senior leadership
- This is a high performing and engaged team. Recent all-associate scores were phenomenal (94% engagement & 71% manager NPS, with a 95% response rate).
- In our roles it’s critical that people feel safe and respected when expressing their opinions. In last fall's all-associate survey, the team scored above 90% related to the question about associates level of comfort expressing dissenting opinions and if they felt their opinions mattered (with stakeholders, leaders and across team)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of Process Management experience
- At least 5 years of experienceworking withinternal business customers
- At least 5 year of Financial Services Risk Management Experience
- At least 5 years of Process Management owning processes in Risk
- Process Management certification
- At least 2 years' experience building new processes or governance
- At least 2 years' experience with data analytics tools including (but not limited to) Excel and Tableau
- At least 2 years' experience with structuring MS PowerPoint decks and presentations
Job ID R48334