We’re looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Manager, Risk Operations. A successful candidate will possess the ability to manage a team of Junior and Senior Risk Management Specialists. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead change management. The candidate should be able to lead a team in various ways in order to meet and exceed business objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
This position is a member of the Operations Department and reports to the Director of Risk Operations.
Who are you:
- Someone who has managed a team of individual contributors via business metrics such as productivity, quality, decision quality
- A solution-oriented individual when challenges and opportunities arise
- A detail oriented problem solver with the ability to manage both individuals, business processes and analytics work
- Someone who has experience with debit, credit, banking products and fraud trends (compliance/business risk analytical experience is helpful but desired for this role)
What you will be doing:
- Manage a team of Risk Management Specialists to mitigate business losses (including fraud, NSF, and other losses)
- Manage individual & group scorecards, reporting metrics & a performance-based coaching and feedback approach
- Build, review & routinely audit policy and procedures to ensure efficacy of process and efficiency of team members
- Interview, hire & train competent candidates who can be successful at the Risk Management Specialist role
- Participate in creating and be responsible for reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Risk Management team
- Maintain daily reporting structure to be used by Operations Management and Executive team
- Liaise with Head of Risk Management and Risk Management Analyst to determine alert/rule sets used for Risk Management Specialists
- Assist with escalations from Risk Management Specialists as needed
- Maintain forecasting and scheduling for Risk Management Specialists
- Maintain individual performance metrics/scorecards for Risk Management Specialists
- Assist with building a business case for potential 3rd party tools/applications
- Liase with Customer Service Management, Product Management and other groups to ensure initiatives get done with little customer service impact
- Maintain team morale through various manners (gamification, incentive plan, etc.) to improve employee satisfaction and engagement
- Recommend best practices based on observation of changing patterns and trends.
What you should bring:
- College Degree
- 5-7 years of Fraud/Risk/Credit Analysis, or similar fields - ACH experience and AAP certification preferred
- 3+ years managing a team of Risk associates
- Ability to lead change management
- Ability to set, maintain and update Policies & Procedures as necessary
- Knowledge of Fraud Solution Providers (Lexis Nexis, IDology, etc.) and analytics tools a plus
- Strong experience with general applications including Excel, Google Sheets, etc.
When you will be working:
- Position will be a weekday schedule. Greenlight is telecommute friendly