- Lead and execute tasks and strategies associated with client security assurance inquiries such as reviewing security contracts, responding to security questionnaires, audits, and assessments for on prem as well as cloud hosted IT applications and infrastructure as required via client contracts, regulatory obligations, and operational objectives
- Clearly understand the on prem and cloud technology and operational risk to the Information Technology Services organization as well as related laws, regulations, and industry standards, specifically as related to internal and cloud technology solutions
- Independently design, recommend, plan, develop and support implementation of project-specific security solutions to meet requirements for on prem as well as cloud hosted IT applications and infrastructure
- Recommend policies, standards, procedures, and controls to assure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information technology environment for on prem as well as cloud hosted IT applications and infrastructure
- Ensure that identified risks are managed in accordance with the Risk Management program for on prem as well as cloud hosted IT applications and infrastructure
- Manages remediation of identified risks and vulnerabilities; identify those within the organization responsible for remediation tasks and negotiate dates for remediation to be complete; track progress on remediation of identified risks and vulnerabilities and provide appropriate reporting to all constituents
- Represent Information Technology related to internal and external assessments and/or audits of information technology systems and processes, interpret results, and develop and communication recommendations to management
- Participate in appropriate opportunities for continuing education, seminars, participation in field-related professional organizations, and so on to remain current on developments in information security profession
- Work with the appropriate Information Security, Office of General Counsel, Risk Management, and engagement leaders to determine scope of onsite visits, audits, and assessments as defined by contracts and regulatory requirements
- Develop and recommend appropriate information security policies, standards, procedures, checklists, and guidelines using generally-recognized security concepts tailored to meet the requirements of the organization for on prem as well as cloud hosted IT applications and infrastructure
- Develop risk/vulnerability assessment programs and questionnaires to aid in the identification and mitigation of security risks
- Identify and document specific security issues, propose resolution options, and interpret matters from the perspective of involved stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to identify and document specific security issues, propose resolution options, and interpret matters from the perspective of involved stakeholders
- Make decisions on day to day task assignments to the team
- May lead projects and in some cases, manage staff.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- Master’s Degree preferred (e.g., Information Security, Information Protection, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Management)
- 6 years of directly related experience in the following: managing information technology audits, assessments, remediation management, creating, leading, and managing ITS risk assessment programs. 1 year of leadership responsibility
Required Technical Skills
- Demonstrate minimum 2 years of experience with various industry standard frameworks such as ISO 27001, SSAE 18 (SOC 1) and SOC 2, Shared Assessment Program Agreed Upon Procedures, HIPAA, HITRUST, CSA CCM, GDPR, Privacy Shields, etc.
- Familiarity with priv