Cognizant Technology Solutions is looking for an experienced Manager-level person to join its global revenue team, reporting to the AVP of Revenue Recognition. The qualified candidate should have proficient knowledge of US GAAP revenue recognition standards and will fill a key role in developing revenue recognition policies and determining the associated revenue accounting treatment on software and service contracts for a Fortune 500 company.
- · Perform subjective reviews of software and service contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition under applicable existing revenue recognition standards (ASC 985-605, 605-35) and the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606).
- · Play a key role in the implementation of ASC 606, including memorializing accounting policy and principles based position papers.
- · Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, providing guidance to sales teams, legal, corporate accounting, and other business and operational groups to understand and resolve complex and ambiguous issues identified in reviews of revenue arrangements.
- · Assist the Product organization as they introduce new and innovative software products and services to the market.
- · Provide guidance to Pricing and FP&A in developing and managing fair value pricing methodologies (SSP for ASC 606 and VSOE for ASC 605).
- · Assist in managing Sarbanes-Oxley process and control framework for revenue recognition.
- · Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a worldwide basis.
- · Assist with revenue recognition training to cross-functional organizations including sales, legal, finance, and operations.
- · Assist in developing interpretive principles, tools and operational procedures to build augmented and scalable business processes.
- · Address external and internal audit inquiries.
• BS/BA degree in Accounting; with a mix of Big-4 public accounting and private industry experience preferred.
• 6-12 years of related work experience, with significant experience working in the software industry with emphasis on software revenue recognition.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to work under tight deadlines and interact across a broad spectrum of audiences.
• Strong Microsoft Office application skills, especially Excel.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
• BS/BA degree in Accounting; CPA strongly preferred.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft Financials, Salesforce.com CRM application or Hyperion a plus.