Revenue Management is responsible strategic and tactical initiatives related to revenue maximization. The Revenue Management department determines pricing, works closely with Sales and Marketing to develop promotions to increase demand, controls availability to ensure full utilization of inventory, explores new business opportunities and is integral in developing policies.
The Manager, Revenue Management, is responsible for the creation and implementation of a strategic plan to maximize the utilization of, and revenues generated from, stateroom inventory. This plan includes determining pricing throughout the deployment cycle, negotiating large group contracts and charters, setting both global and domestic sourcing strategies, assisting Deployment with the maximization of hardware utilization and monitoring economic and market trends to adjust the strategy when necessary. The Manager works closely with senior management, Sales, Marketing, Trade Support and Services and other operational departments to implement this plan, as well as guides a team of senior analysts, analysts and administrators to achieve revenue plans and forecasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Manager will develop strategic plans to maximize ticket revenues and utilization of inventory for multiple product portfolios, ranging from $50M to over $1B, for North America and International cruise markets. This includes the creation and oral presentation of the strategic plans to senior management, as well as tactical plans and decisions in reaction to changing market conditions. The Manager will also be responsible for leading the implementation of strategic and tactical plans both through cross-departmental initiatives and guidance of decisions made by a team of analysts, senior analysts and administrators.
- The Manager is responsible for the revenue maximization via inventory and pricing management. This includes, customizing pricing and terms and conditions to support Strategic sales and marketing initiatives. The Manager participates in the development of multi-million dollar incentive and charter sales opportunities with Sales and Business Development Directors, in North America and Internationally; Audits deal pricing and contract compliance and work cross-departmentally to minimize risk; Initiates cross-departmental action plans and promotions with Sales and Marketing when indications point to demand and pricing softness. The Manager also coordinates promotions to address product needs and develop initiatives that drive volume through more cost-effective distribution channels, working with Marketing on customer segmentation initiatives to drive incremental growth opportunities in North America and International Markets
- Oversee development of Strategic Pricing, ensuring compliance with anti-trust and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ensure International pricing and taxation guidelines are met. Stay abreast of international and industry rules and tailor strategies and pricing actions accordingly. Manage pricing in multiple currencies, and develop and track international `sourcing¿ goals in conjunction with International Division.
- Generate, monitor and change Revenue forecasts for product portfolios that support quarterly Wall Street guidance. Generate assumptions and trends that drive period over period changes. Generate occupancy and net ticket goals for in excess of 400 sailings using standardized and ad-hoc analysis. Track and improve forecast error.
- Hire, train and develop as many as 10 Senior Analysts and Business Analysts in Pricing and Inventory Management principals. Ensure ethical and Revenue Management policies and procedures are in strict accordance with company guidelines. Review and improve guidelines periodically and communicate through departmental training and online tools
- Drive continuous improvement of policies and processes as well as the enhancement and creation of tools. Represent Revenue Management in system overhauls that deliver benefits to a variety of pricing related activities. Provide policy-redesign recommendations and develop business requirements and corresponding ROI analysis that support investment, upwards of $2m.
- Develop working knowledge of Reservation and Pricing systems (AS400), Data Mining tools (Hyperion) and demonstrate expertise in analytical tools such as Excel, to effectively execute strategies and tactics.
- Establish and develop metrics and measurement tools with Planning and Analysis teams that enhance yield management activities across the organization. Create and distribute reports to Executive leadership on key strategic initiatives, as well as tactical reactions to changing conditions. Work with all parts of the organization to meet customer satisfaction and retention goals during normal and extraordinary events, external crises and systemic failures that might result in customer-facing operational challenges
- Represent RCCL Revenue Management at Corporate Industry and Trade conferences, including delivering presentations and providing guidance on procedural and customer trends, both B2B and B2C.
- Bachelors degree (BA) from four-year college or university required with focus in quantitative discipline preferred
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters degree (MA) strongly preferred
- Four to six years related experience in financial / business analysis or related field required
- Familiarization with revenue management concepts and tools preferred
- Previous experience with Sales and Marketing preferred
- Previous experience in implementing system enhancements and decision making tools preferred
- Demonstrated experience in project management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and problem identification
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret revenue performance data
- Ability to structure logically quantitative analysis of complex issues
- Ability to operate in cross functional environment
- Ability to manage, coach and develop direct reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work independently and use proper judgment
- Willingness to accept immediate product and project responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentations skills
- Ability to work in global environment
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail is absolutely required
- Competency of computer systems and applications is essential, with an emphasis on the ability to access and manipulate data from a variety of sources
- Strong Excel, Power point and Hyperion and basic Colonial/AS400 is required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once and operate in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Revenue Management and micro-economics is preferred
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.